The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience managing the operational requirements of a medium-sized office, excellent attention to detail, and high-level organizational skills. They are skilled at critical thinking and developing solutions, and they understand how their work contributes to the bigger picture without losing track of the small details.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Managing, prioritizing, and responding to Operation Ticket request
- Managing and updating software licenses
- Liaising with service providers (licenses, phone, and internet, cleaning staff, etc.)
- Setting up and archiving projects within company systems
- Managing the administrative support staff
- Updating and revising operational policies and procedures
- Leading weekly operations meetings and setting goals
- Managing company administrative finances (e.g., petty cash, credit card reconciliations, paying contractors)
- Creating reports for Directors
- Keeping up with company car maintenance and licenses
- Managing physical office spaces in Ontario (e.g., lease agreements, building issues, furniture, re-designs, etc.).
- Coordinating with the Health and Safety Committees to ensure needs are met
- Providing weekly updates to Chief of Staff on priorities and issues
- Onboarding new staff and providing training on Systems and Processes
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining the Company’s privacy and security policies and guidelines
- Ensuring compliance with privacy best practices
- Location: Bank Street, Ottawa
- Compensation: Starting at $27+/hr, with paid vacation, paid sick leave, and health and dental benefits
- Travel Required: Occassionaly (Vehicle provided, a valid driver’s license is required)
- Required to work in the office: Full-time
- Training and equipment (laptop, dual monitor, peripherals) will be provided
- Hours: This is a full-time position, with flexible hours. Work outside regular business hours is occasionally required
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of office management experience in a small to medium-size office
- Understanding of day-to-day finances, managing small teams, and prioritizing tasks
- Experience with Project Management software
- Experience providing leadership, mentoring, and coaching
- Background in technical support in a Microsoft Windows environment is an asset
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives
- Strong communication skills, including plain language writing
- Post-secondary education (diploma or certification) in a relevant area such as business or office administration is an asset
- Eligible for GOC Security Clearance is an asset
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining Know History’s team for this role, please send your resume to [email protected].
Know History is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. We know that, in order to understand our collective history, we need to prioritize Indigenous and diverse voices across all aspects of our organization. We strongly encourage candidates to apply and self-identify if they are Indigenous, members of racialized communities and visible minorities, people with disabilities, and people of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression.
We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and supportive environment. If you have any questions or require accessibility or cultural accommodations, at any point in the application process, send us an email and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met.