First Peoples Wellness Circle (FPWC) is a national not-for-profit corporation that is governed and managed by Indigenous leaders and exists to improve the lives of Canada’s First Peoples by addressing healing, wellness, and other mental health challenges. Our work focuses on implementation of the First Nation Mental Wellness Continuum Framework and supporting the First Nation workforce of Mental Wellness Teams.
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operational priorities of the organization which includes but is not limited to;
- Supporting the CEO with human resource needs of the organization including building capacity and performance reviews.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable, including payroll and creating financial reports.
- Motivating and supporting a small team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining policy & procedure protocols.
- Actively pursue and obtain strategic and operational objectives.
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget.
EDUCATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelors degree or higher in operations management, business administration or related field and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in an operations management position, preferably in a First Nation organization.
- Or a college diploma in business administration/management AND 5+ years of experience in operations management preferably in a social/health field in a First Nation organization
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of financial management software programs, preferably Wagepoint, HubDoc, Xero. Working knowledge of human resource functions but not limited to policies, recruitment, staffing issues, attendance management, health & safety.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy. Knowledge of general business software & aptitude to learn new applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong budget development and oversight skills.
- Ability to work effectively and liaise with partners, stakeholders, and colleagues. High level of professionalism and able to maintain confidentiality at all times. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as necessary. Knowledge of Indigenous cultures with a focus on First Nations.
Join Our Team!
Submit your application today!
HOURS OF WORK: Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
SALARY: Compensation commensurate with experience and education. Salary range $71,000-90,000 plus health benefits and pension plan.
LOCATION: This position has a remote work location from the main office located in North Bay, ON. Individuals from Ontario may be preferred however other regions will be considered.
DURATION: This is a full-time position (37.5 hrs./week).
DEADLINE: Applications will be received until position is filled.
FPWC specifically seeks to increase the number of First Nations and Indigenous employees in our organization and all applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Individuals are invited to submit a cover letter clearly demonstrating how they meet the criteria along with a current resume and three (3) work related references to:
By Mail: First Peoples Wellness Circle 857 Yellek Trail
North Bay, ON P1B 8G5
By Email: [email protected]
Subject Header: FPWC Operations Manager