Partner, Content and Publications
POSITION: Partner, Content and Publications
LOCATION: Toronto, Canada
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are a Corporate Communications Professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
The Partner, Content and Publications will work with the Lead, Brand and Content to implement content strategy to support communications activities across the enterprise. This role will be responsible for managing the editorial pipeline for all enterprise and signature research and publications including Youth Voices.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Work with the Lead, Brand and Content to develop and manage enterprise campaigns.
- Support the implementation of the enterprise content strategy, including content governance, workflows, asset management and measurement framework.
- Manage content governance tools, such as Resource Space, Box, and story bank.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of content programs across enterprise channels.
- Update brand content, corporate materials and other relevant print and digital contents as required.
- Manage editorial pipeline, including design and production of signature and enterprise publications.
- Support testing plans, brand, and content research, and contribute to metrics reports.
- Assist in the development of budgets.
- Negotiate and manage external vendor contracts as assigned (e.g., prepare Contract Services Agreements, manage transactions, etc.).
- Identify special projects or opportunities for consideration by Lead, Brand and Content and Head of Corporate Communications.
- Manage and implement processes, including modifying approvals, staff and client feedback, and coaching.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Who You are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or other relevant certification.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years’ experience in content communications, journalism, or public relations.
- Excellent knowledge of content and social media best practices and experience with content strategy.
- Skilled in project management for web and print materials.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex information in a clear way to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Experience in knowledge management an asset.
- Experience developing video, graphic design, and editorial an asset.
- Outstanding social and intercultural skills and proven ability to multitask and work to deadlines.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work independently or as part of a team, cross-functionally.
- Fluent in English required. Ability to speak French is an asset.
- Detail-oriented and resourceful with the ability to work within a constantly changing and ambiguous environment with minimal supervision and resilience.
- Agile, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
- Committed to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is July 29, 2021.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks, and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department at [email protected] We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner