Company operating name: Nurse Next Door Home Care Services
Company business address: 6060 Hwy 7 Suite 202 A, Markham, ON L3P 3A9, Canada
Title of the position: Personal Support Worker (NOC 4412)
- Perform, enable, and assist residents with personal care.
- Light housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds.
- Assist residents with recreational and leisure activities.
- Perform and monitor health indicators, carry out charting on a daily basis.
- Assist with individualizing and personalizing residents’ care.
- Ensure care is delivered in a way that optimizes residents’ choices, dignity, privacy, independence, and spirituality.
- Perform delegated tasks as per the resident’s care plan and report changes in the resident’s condition.
- Participate in ongoing education programs.
- Engage in self-reflection activities to continuously improve emotional intelligence skills.
- Provide care and companionship for residents during periods of incapacitation, convalescence or family disruption.
- Administer bedside and personal care to residents such as assisting with ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing.
- Plan, prepare and serve meals, snacks, and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding residents.
- May perform routine health-related duties such as changing non-sterile dressings, assisting in the administration of medications and collecting specimens under the general supervision of a home care agency supervisor or nurse.
Terms of employment: Permanent and Full-Time
The language of work: English
Wage: CAD $20 per hour for 37.5 hours per week
Benefits package being offered: None
Location or locations of work: Markham, ON
Contact information to apply for the job: 416-843-2301 & o_orifa[at]hotmail.com
- First aid and CPR certification are preferred.
- Knowledge of household management skills.
- Professional attitude.
- Flexible and able to adapt to different environments.
- Well-versed in using computers for administrative and data entry requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to lift 25 kg, may be required to perform lifting/bending when it is required to assist residents.
- Experience with meal preparation, light housekeeping, and/or providing companionship and personal care to persons who require it.
- Able to implement the resident’s care plan as outlined by the Care Designer.
- Able to help residents with their ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living) that are within the scope of practice for a non-registered health care provider.
- Experience with assisting residents with transfers, ambulation, and exercises.
- Able to always follow and enforce safety procedures and guidelines.
Required education: Completion of secondary school is preferred but not required.
Required work experience: 1 year of experience working in a long-term care facility or other geriatric environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Markham, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
supportive care: 1 year (preferred)