Pharmacy Supervisor – Rx Management
The Pharmacy Supervisor – Rx Management is responsible for a team of energetic, talented, and motivated people who oversee and manage Pharmacy – Ontario’s patient medication profiles. This role is integral in ensuring that every patient of the pharmacy receives the attention they need to help them navigate their health care journey with the pharmacy.
The successful candidate and their team will be accountable to the Pharmacy Manager on a day-to-day basis for (i) all prescription data entry, adjudication, and invoicing, (ii) designing refill schedules in collaboration with patients, (iii) monitoring and managing patient account receivables, (iv) prescription transfers, and (v) liaising with prescribers regarding the care of a pharmacy patient. You will work alongside your team in each of these areas to support as needed. You will also have the extended responsibility of to providing second-level support for your team to review and resolve complex concerns related to the aforementioned (i.e. supervisor escalations). The successful candidate will ultimately be the type of person who will roll up their sleeves and lead by example.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be accountable to the Pharmacy Manager for (i) planning and directing workflow for your team, (ii) hiring, training and performance managing your team, (iii) auditing prescription billing and transaction activity, (iv) sharing in the accountability for pharmacy inventory management, and (v) supporting on other day-to-day needs of the pharmacy as required. You will also ensure that your team adheres to applicable Federal, Provincial, and corporate pharmacy and employment requirements, as well as work closely with the Pharmacy Leadership Team to enhance and develop policies, procedures, goals, and expectations for your team as it relates to the Pharmacy’s specialty programs.
- Work alongside your team in all of the above-mentioned day-to-day activities.
- Lead and see all role-related escalations through to a resolution.
- Oversee and have accountability for a team of pharmacy employees focused on the aforementioned day-to-day responsibilities.
- Schedule and monitor staff and day-to-day workflow.
- Develop employee’s skills, evaluate performance and provide feedback.
- Oversees resolution of employee relations. Conducts hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
- Provide ongoing quality assurance and coaching team on processes and operations.
- Develop, track and monitor employee’s compliance to Federal, Provincial and corporate quality, service and production standards.
- Monitor prescription turnaround time so that internal standards and client performance guarantees are met. Assist Pharmacy Manager in monitoring costs to ensure compliance with cost to fill goals. Address staff concerns and day to day operational, system, customer service, quality, and professional issues.
- Conduct daily-related billing and reimbursement audits as well as report on the audit findings routinely to pharmacy management. Monitoring, resolving, and coaching dispense scheduling, billing and reimbursement related matters would be a daily priority, with this role be ultimately accountable to the results.
- Supporting in an accounts receivable capacity.
- Implement programs and process improvements to enhance the level of internal and external customer service provided. Work with Pharmacy Manager to analyze operations and overall efficiencies of the pharmacy.
- Serve as a point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve. Represents pharmacy operations in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Work with Pharmacy Manager to provide complete resolution of escalated situations.
- Support on the demand-side of the pharmacy’s inventory.
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
- Multiyear experience in a pharmacy setting is required
- Demonstrated excellence in pharmacy prescription billing, adjudication, and reimbursement is required
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Advanced understanding of Kroll and working knowledge of Microsoft Office (with an emphasis on Excel)
- General familiarity of current pharmacy regulations
- Demonstrated leadership skills including ability to effectively develop and assist team members
- Experience training and coaching less experienced staff – patience to explain details and processes repeatedly Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.