- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Pharmacy Technician
|Date||October 21, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title :PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.63 FTE)
Do you have a Pharmacy Technician certificate and current registration with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia? Royal Inland Hospital in beautiful and sunny Kamloops, B.C. is currently seeking an experienced Pharmacy Technician to fill a relief part time (0.63 FTE) position. This relief is until the return of the incumbent.
What will you work on?
As a registered Pharmacy Technician, you will operate in accordance with the competency guidelines and the scope of practice and standards of practice as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of B.C., and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Some Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist.
• Receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic.
• Prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions.
• Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
• Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence.
• Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies.
• Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system.
• Maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned.
Shift times are from 08:30 to 17:00, 07:30 to 16:00, 07:00 to 15:30 hours.
How Will You Create Impact?
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication. Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health… What we can do for you
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: