Company: Ontario Door Sales Ltd. / Elton Manufacturing
Business information: Elton Manufacturing has been developing and delivering the best window and weather-stripping products to the garage door industry through innovation, quality and service. Recent additions to the Elton product line include Residential Entry Door Lite Frames and a shelving and storage bin line. With all production completed in Elton’s own facilities, quality control is maintained, and customer service is maximized.
Business address:1250 Matheson Blvd. East Mississauga, ON, L4W 1R2
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Weigh resins, colorants and other chemicals according to formulae
· Place weighed materials in mixing machines
· Operate mixing machine to blend plastic and other chemicals to a specific consistency and viscosity
· Unload mixture into container or conveyor for further processing
· Set up and operate calender machines to transform plastic bales or slabs into continuous sheets or films of specified thickness
· Adjust calender rollers for production line change
· Set up and operate extruding machines to extrude plastic compound through a nozzle or die
· Change dies on extruding machines according to production line change
· Set up and operate one or more moulding machines to mould plastic products
· Prepare and change moulds and adjust equipment for a production line change
· Follow formulation card to mix resin batches for the injection moulding process
· Trimming and sanding plastic or fiberglass parts
· Troubleshoot and make minor adjustments to equipment
· Monitor and inspect quality of material produced
· Pack items for shipping and distribution
· Computer numerical control (CNC) machines
· Organize and maintain inventory
· Clean work area
· Calibrate profiles
· Set temperature and pressure on machines
– Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
– Experience: A minimum of one year of experience in operating extruding machines is required, as the worker will be responsible for setting up, changing dies, and operating extrusion machines.
-Due to the responsibility of the machinery handled and for security/protection reasons, the position requires extrusion plastic experience or knowledge (courses or diplomas).
-On-the-job training is provided.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Manual dexterity, Hand-eye coordination, Fast-paced environment, Standing for extended periods, Combination of sitting, standing, and walking, Overtime required, Working under pressure, Tight deadlines.
Personal Suitability: Accurate, Reliability, Organized, Team player, Dependability, Excellent oral communication, Excellent written communication, Judgement, Effective interpersonal skills
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 hourly, 50-65 hours per week
If the worker needs to relocate, the employer will cover the travel expenses.
Flexibility in schedule is required. The most common work schedule is Monday to Friday from 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM. Occasionally work on weekends depending on the business needs and overtime will be required.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: PO Box 248 Milton, ON, L9T 5C4