Company: 546185 BC Ltd. o/a Mr. Rooter Plumbing
Business information: “At Mr. Rooter Plumbing, we work hard to deliver a superior level of customer support and plumbing services. We’ve made this our number one priority over the years, seeing a noticeable difference in our level service compared to our competitors. We provide world class customer service that is simply unmatched in the plumbing industry.”
Business Location: 202-317 Columbia St., New Westminster, BC, V3L 1A7
Work Location: Employee works in multiple locations – Burnaby, Vancouver, North Vancouver, Surrey, White Rock, Delta, Tsawwassen, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Instruct apprentices
- Estimate costs and materials
-Education: Completion of high school
-Experience: A minimum of three years of experience in plumbing is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience a post-secondary certificate is required
-Heavy lifting may be required up to 50 lbs (23kg)
Work site environment: Confined spaces, Wet/damp
Personal Suitability: Team player, Client focus, accurate
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Work under pressure, Handling heavy loads, Hand-eye co-ordination, Large workload, Bending, crouching, kneeling.
Weight handling: Up to 23kg (50lbs)
Salary: $30.00 per hour, 30-40 hours per week.
Benefits: Transportation to work location, disability and extended medical insurance (after 6 months of employment), dental insurance, Canadian Pension Plan.
Important Information: This position will require working 40 hours per week in the summer, a minimum of 30 hours per week is guaranteed during the wintertime. Workday starts at 8:30 AM and finishes at 5:00 PM in the summer from Monday to Friday. In the winter, workdays vary depending on temperature. Weekends and evenings on a rotational basis.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: PO Box 66077 Station F, Vancouver, BC, V5N 5L4