The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of Policy Analyst/Coordinator: Ontario First Nation Employment Services Modeling Table. The Analyst will be a key member of the newly established Economic Strategic Division, specifically with Employment Services Modelling. Our ideal candidate will have strong research and writing skills, enjoy working as a team, is extremely organized, and has the ability to lead complex projects.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario (with the potential to work in a hybrid capacity)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement work plans related to First Nation Employment Services Modelling priorities.
- Conduct in-depth research, data collection, and analysis of policies and programs relating to employment services modeling including research on Ontario Works and Ontario Disability Support Program, and economic development.
- Coordinate and actively participate in the relevant collaborative working group on employment services modeling and committees, including the Chiefs Committee on Economic Development.
- Support Employment services Modeling development by assisting in planning, research, and coordination of projects and activities.
- Assist the Economic Strategic Division with the interpretation of legislation, policies, and government programs related to first nation employment, and economic development.
- Prepare position and research papers, briefing notes, presentations, and policy documents on required
- Participate in various meetings and events with representatives of First Nations, provincial, and federal governments, and other
- Develop and maintain partnerships with government ministries, First Nation communities, and organizations to ensure effective dialogue and collaboration between
- Coordinates meetings, including booking rooms/flights, etc.
- Travel will be required (once pandemic restrictions are lifted).
- Relevant post-secondary education equivalent to an undergraduate or post-graduate degree, preferably in economics, finance, legal, or other related fields.
- Knowledge of First Nations culture, history, values, and expectations.
- Knowledge of Ontario Works and Ontario Disability Support Program
- Knowledge of relevant provincial and federal legislation, policies, and programs
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent research, writing, and presentation
- Experience leading discussion groups and providing presentations to large
- Excellent organizational & information management
- Proficiency in Microsoft
- Self-directed, motivated and able to work
- Adaptable and flexible to meet needs as they are
DURATION: May 2022 – March 31, 2024, with the possibility of extension based on funding availability.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Send letter of application, resume and include two references marked confidential to:
Ashley Nardella, Human Resources