Company: Hendrix Genetics Ltd. o/a Hybrid Turkeys
Business Information: Hybrid Turkeys is a leading primary breeder and distributor of turkey genetics. We supply high quality, high health parent stock and commercial stock products to customers around the world.
Business Address: 650 Riverbend Drive, Kitchener, ON N2K 3S2
Work Location: Various locations across the Kitchener – Waterloo – Barrie region, including the following:
2823 West Alps Road, Ayr ON, N0B 1E0
2915 West Alps road, Ayr ON, N0B 1E0
866966 Township Road 10, Bright, ON N0J 1B0
6101 R.R#2 4th Line, Ariss ON N0B 1B0
5963 4th Line East, Ariss, ON N0B 1B0
6214 6th Line East RR#2, Ariss, ON N0B 2V0
4084 Bridge Street, New Hamburg, ON N3A 2W2
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Feed and tend turkeys. Automated feed and water, ensuring there are no feed spills/overflows of water
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment. Minimal operation of machinery but trained personnel could operate golf cart, turkey loader from time to time
- Cleaning, sanitation and disinfection of barns, equipment and machinery
- Detect disease and health problems in poultry. Perform basic health monitoring of flock’s health and well-being.
- Write daily basic progress reports. Record egg and bird numbers
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns and turkeys coops
- Collection, sanitization and grading of turkey hatching eggs
- Catch and remove turkeys out of the predetermined assigned barns
- Load turkeys in the transport trucks when required
- Follow all implemented biosecurity and animal welfare practices and procedures designed to reduce and minimize health risks to the turkey flocks and to ensure their well-being
– Education: Not required
– Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job training will be provided.
– Must be able to complete heavy lifting as required.
– Must be able to work within a very dirty and very dusty environment while inside the bird barns.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Large workload, Repetitive tasks, physically demanding, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching and kneeling, Standing for extended periods of time, handling heavy loads
-Personal suitability: team player, organized
-Work site environment: noisy, outdoors, dusty, odours.
-Weight Handling: Up to 23kg (50 lbs.)
Salary: $17.70 hourly, 42.5 to 60 hours per week
Benefits: Company uniform and footwear costs, extra pay for loading out birds, transportation from one site to another provided, staff accommodation provided at a discounted rate
Important Information: Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling
Shifts: 5.30am to 2.30pm, 6am to 3pm, 6am to 4pm, 7am to 4pm, 7am to 5pm, 7.30am to 4.30pm, 8am to 5pm. Weekend work will be required when needed. When the employee works a weekend, they get the days off during the week.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by fax to: 519-578-1870
Apply by mail to: 650 Riverbend Drive, Kitchener, ON N2K 3S2