First Peoples Wellness Circle (FPWC) is a national not-for-profit corporation that is governed and managed by Indigenous leaders and exists to improve the lives of Canada’s First Peoples by addressing healing, wellness, and other mental health challenges. The mission of FPWC is to advocate for collaborative transformative change to create pathways to wellness and whole health for First Peoples shaped by diverse Indigenous cultural lenses. Our work focuses on implementation of the First Nation Mental Wellness Continuum Framework and supporting the First Nation workforce of Mental Wellness Teams.
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Principal Researcher will be responsible for leading the work on research projects and gathering and preparing knowledge and evidence on projects of priority to First Peoples Wellness Circle. We are a small organization that values collaboration and teamwork.
- A Graduate/Master’s Degree OR higher in a health or social science discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of related research experience preferably in the mental health and/or social services sector in an Indigenous/First Nations community setting
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Highly skilled in the application of research design and implementation related to mental health/mental wellness
- Demonstrates advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and is detail oriented Able to support the practical application of the research agenda and findings Strong skills in community research practices and familiarity with OCAP principles Proficient in using research and analytic online tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Power Point, Publisher and Excel Ability to work effectively and liaise with partners, stakeholders and colleagues
- High level of professionalism and able to maintain confidentiality at all times Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining efficiency and accuracy Ability to work flexible hours and travel as necessary
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures with a focus on First Nations
- Ability to work in a manner respectful of First Nations cultures, values, and beliefs
- Knowledge or use of an Indigenous language and/or bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset
Join Our Team!
Submit your application today!
HOURS OF WORK: Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
SALARY: Compensation commensurate with experience and education.
Salary range $66,350-$90,000.
LOCATION: This position has a remote work location from the main office located in North Bay, ON. Individuals from Ontario may be preferred however other regions will be considered.
DURATION: This is a full time position (37.5 hrs./week).
DEADLINE: Applications will be received until position is filled.
Individuals are invited to submit a cover letter clearly demonstrating how they meet the criteria along with a current resume and three (3) work related references to:
By Mail: First Peoples Wellness Circle 857 Yellek Trail
North Bay, ON P1B 8G5
By Email: [email protected]
Subject Header: FPWC Principal Researcher