- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
Principal Researcher – MATERNITY LEAVE
Reports to: Director of Strategic Initiatives and Programs
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Employment Status: Term Full-Time – February – August 2023
First Peoples Wellness Circle (FPWC) is a national not-for-profit corporation that is governed and managed by Indigenous leaders and exists to improve the lives of Canada’s First Peoples by addressing healing, wellness, and other mental health challenges. The mission of FPWC is to advocate for collaborative transformative change to create pathways to wellness and whole health for First Peoples shaped by diverse Indigenous cultural lenses. Our work focuses on the implementation of the First Nation Mental Wellness Continuum Framework and supporting the First Nation Mental Wellness Teams.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Principal Researcher. This is a term full-time (37.5 hours per week), fully remote position from February to August 2023. Our head office is located in North Bay, Ontario, and individuals from Ontario may be given preference.
As the Principal Researcher – Maternity Leave you will be responsible for leading the work on research projects and gathering and preparing knowledge and evidence on projects of priority to First Peoples Wellness Circle. We are a small organization that values collaboration and teamwork.
What you will be doing
- Lead the development and implementation of FPWC research agenda and priorities
- Gather, analyze, and process data related to the programs/ projects.
- Prepare documents, materials, and
- Collaborate on existing research by offering guidance and support
- Writing and editing proposals, literature reviews and other related documents
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of national programs and
- Provide ongoing support to FPWC.
What you will need to be successful
- A Graduate/Master’s Degree OR higher in a health or social science discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of related research experience preferably in the mental health and/or social services sector in an Indigenous community setting
- Knowledge and understanding of mental wellness services in First Nation communities such as Mental Wellness and Crisis Support Teams
- Experience working with the Indigenous community and/ornon-profitsetting
- Experience working with multiple partners and stakeholders
- Fluency in English (verbal and written), use of and/or fluency in an Indigenous language an asset
- Access to reliable internet and private office space to work remotely
What we offer
- Competitive salary, and a stipend for working from home.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes and cover letter, demonstrating how they meet the criteria. While FPWC appreciates all applications, only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview. First Peoples Wellness Circle gives preference to First Nation applicants for any employment opportunities as per Section 24(1)(a) OHRC.
Deadline: Applications will be received until the position is filled.
Please submit application to:
Claire Scanlan, Operations Manager
Subject Header: Principal Researcher – Maternity Leave
First Peoples Wellness Circle
Attn: Claire Scanlan, Operations Manager
857 Yellek Trail
Nipissing First Nation
North Bay, ON P1B 8G5
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: