PRIVACY & ACCESS PROGRAM MANAGER :
($84,795 – $99,759 – Annually)
Reporting to the Director, Privacy and Information Services, the Privacy & Access Program Manager is responsible for administering BC Housing’s obligations under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). The incumbent interacts with BC Housing’s executive and senior management to provide advice on complex and sensitive freedom of information and privacy matters, and develops effective trust-based working relationships with the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner. He/she/they provides support in the management of effective freedom of information and protection of privacy programs at BC Housing and participates in the planning and formulation of departmental objectives, plans, policies and procedures to ensure accomplishment of business objectives. He/she/they manages complaints about BC Housing’s programs and inquiries from the Ombudsperson’s Office in the Complaints Resolution Program Manager’s absence
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline supplemented by industry recognized professional courses, such as International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) certification.
- Considerable experience processing FOI requests of varied complexity, communicating with senior level staff and organizations including the OIPC, completing Privacy Impact Assessments, including for complex Information Technology (IT) systems and environments and completing Information Sharing Agreements.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of freedom of information and privacy legislation
- Some knowledge of IT Security
- Ability to analyze the requirements of FIPPA and the impact of OIPC decisions
- Ability to communicate clearly, in both spoken and written communications, and provide complex and sensitive information where there may be significant barriers to acceptance
- Ability to learn and understand BC Housing’s business operations
- Ability to build strong and trusting relationships with BC Housing executive, managers and staff, the OIPC and other government agencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and utilize diplomacy and tact in dealing with confidential matters
- Ability to be flexible and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and solve issues and make effective decisions in a results-oriented environment
- Proven communication, facilitation, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Effective organizational, planning and project management skills
- Effective leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we’re committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.