Company: Rossdown Feeds
Business Information: Rossdown Feeds is a Feedmill that produces and manufactures the goods for Rossdown’s farms as well as customers’ farms.
Business Address: 2325 Bradner Rd., Abbotsford, BC V4X 1E2
Work Location: 6710, 258th St., Aldergrove, BC V4W 1V3
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Operate mill to process food products
• Observe gauges, computer printouts and video monitors to verify specified processing conditions
• Make adjustments to process variables
• Set up and adjust processing and packaging machines
• Maintain shift log of production and other date
• Check products for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards
• Perform corrective machine adjustments
• Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
• Record production information
• Prepare production and other reports
• Inventory control
• Clean machines and immediate work areas
• Identify, control and prevent hazards at all stages of the food production process
• Inform manager of mechanical malfunctions or product irregularities
• Operate Mill LV computer to batch and manufacture feed
• Operate and maintain mixing and associated mill equipment
• Generate feed delivery tickets, review labels, complete medication reconciliation and mixing records
• Continual feed quality assurance and maintain mill efficiency
• Assist with maintenance issues and limit mill downtime
• Loading feed trucks
• Receive bulk, bagged and toted ingredients
• Assist mill manager in all areas of operations
– Education: Completion of secondary school is required
– Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in the food and/or beverage processing sector is required, if candidate does not have at least 2 years of experience, a college certificate or other specialized training in agriculture or food or beverage processing or is required.
– Knowledge in vertical mill is required
– Experience as a machine operator in food or beverage processing is a great asset
-Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, Hand-eye co-ordination, Tight deadlines, Work under pressure, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Physically demanding, Large workload, Handling heavy loads, overtime required
-Personal Suitability: Flexibility, Judgement, Organized, Team player, excellent written and oral communication, effective interpersonal skills, Reliability, Initiative.
Salary: $25.00 hourly, 37.5 – 42.5 Hours per week
Benefits: Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Pension plan, Extended medical insurance, Prescription drugs, Medical equipment and Discount on chicken. If the candidate is willing to relocate, transportation costs covered by the employer. Accommodation provided at a cost.
Important Information: Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in schedule. Monday to Friday. From 6am to 3pm or from 9am to 5 pm. During holidays, work schedule is from 7am to 1pm (except Christmas day). Weekend work may be required (on call).
Work site Environment: Dusty, Noisy and Odours
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]/ [email protected]