- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
Program Officer, Contracts & Payments
Title: Program Officer, Contracts & Payment
Employee Working Location: Remote / Virtual (Canada)
Employment status: Temporary full time
Salary band: $47, 363.00 to $69, 071.00 / year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Program Officer, Contracts & Payments to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Program Administration, the Program Officer, Contracts and Payments works in tandem with the Program team(s) to support the delivery of grant programs and other similar programs through the coordination of key processes. Specifically this role is focused on the tracking and issuing of contracts to successful program applicants, including coordination with relevant internal teams, and the preparation and tracking of financial disbursements. The Program Officer, Contracts and Payments will monitor these key processes and ensure diligent follow up on all contracts and payments.
In this role, you will:
Responsibility 1 – Contract Coordination
- Manage the tracking and issuing of contracts, amendments and cancelled contracts throughout the program
- Monitor the status of contracts, amendments and cancelled contracts to ensure they are processed in a timely manner
- Communicate and coordinate with applicants and internal personnel to have contracts and amendments signed, distributed and filed
- Respond to internal and external queries on contracts, amendments and cancellations
- Relay feedback from applicants to the Program team, supports applicants where possible
- Manage the shared electronic filing system for contracts
Responsibility 2 – Financial Distribution Coordination
- In accordance with Program Guidelines and ensure appropriate approvals, initiate request for payments to Finance
- Track payment schedules, releases, holdbacks and returns as required by the Program
- Monitor the status of payments to ensure they are processed in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Finance Team to ensure all transactions are completed and verified
- Coordinate with Finance Team to request the generation of invoices for return of unused funds
- Respond to internal and external queries on payments, holdbacks, and returns
Responsibility 3 – Program Implementation
- Actively participate in coordination meetings that support the implementation of the program and ensures alignment with program intentions, granting good practices and CRC’s methodology
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the program
- Identify potential risks or issues within the program and implement mitigation strategies as directed
- Contribute to reporting and evaluation activities as requested
- Contribute to a healthy and safe working environment
- Contribute to a positive team environment and service excellence to meet the needs of those we support, including a healthy and safe working environment
- Perform other program duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in business, business administration, or related field from a recognized academic institution
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of job-related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in managing a high volume of documents and/or transactions that require individual attention
- Demonstrated understanding of the not-for-profit sector, grants and/or community recovery
- Understanding of program management, program implementation and/or program administration
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Sign or similar software, virtual meeting software; knowledge of grant management software an asset
- Ability to understand financial requirements relating to the issuance of funds
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to read, write and deliver services in English, French is an asset
- Highly organized with a systematic approach to work
- Ability to think critically about repetitive work
- Strong customer-service approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven relationship-building skills
- Comfortable working in high pressure situations with short timelines.
- If driving for Society business; a valid driver’s license is required with a satisfactory drivers’ abstract.
- Occasional extended hours during peak activity times may be required.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: