MP Tires Ltd.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC: Purchasing Managers (0113)
#3-14730 66 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3S 1Z9
Term: Permanent Full Time
Working hours: 40 hours / week
Salary: $26.00 /hour
Work location: #3-14730 66 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3S 1Z9
MP Tires Ltd main activity is providing tire services which include selling and/or repairing tires. Therefore, we are looking for an experienced purchasing manager whose purpose is to prepare, evaluate, and negotiate bid packages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, control, develop and implement purchasing activities, policies, strategies, and procedures to best utilize budget and minimize excess purchase
- Identify vendors and define requirements for tire and all other materials, equipment or supplies.
- Prioritize projects and actions needed to execute cost savings and value sourcing, which will ensure that the company receives the required needs.
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
- Maintain records of purchase and evaluate international suppliers and corresponding products based on cost and quality
- Optimize and validate supply base through the leveraging and consolidation of spends.
- Understand and comply with established purchasing procedures
- Utilize appropriate software packages to assist in daily work, including Excel
- Conduct research involved with all assigned responsibilities and conduct all other activities as directed by the Inventory Control Manager.
- Review and settle disputes or claims and update supplier evaluations accordingly
- Administer, supervise staff and allocate purchasing related tasks
- Review purchasing programs, work out improvement plan and advise the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in any related discipline is required
- 2+ years of experience as a purchasing agent or officer are required
How to apply:
Interested applicants can email their resume at [email protected] or mail it to #3-14730 66 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3S 1Z9.