Position: Recreation Worker
Term: One year contract
Department: Community Centre
Hours: 35 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday, flexible to work evenings and weekends
Posting Date: November 16, 2022
Closing Date: November 29, 2022 at 4:30p.m.
Under the supervision of the Economic Development/Community Centre Manager, the Recreation Worker will be responsible for implementing recreation programming, providing guidance and direction for the program participants.
- Minimum College Diploma, ongoing or complete in the any of the following areas: Child and Youth Worker, Recreation and Leisure, Social Development or related discipline; OR
- Minimum two (2) years employment experience in a similar capacity;
- Workshop and/or facilitation experience, experience working with children and youth in leadership capacity, community development experience; an asset;
- Valid First Aid/CPR OR willingness to obtain.
- The successful candidate must submit a recent (within 6-months) VS-CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment;
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.) OR letter from educational institution for ongoing studies, prior to starting employment.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined;