- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Regional Clinical Lead, Rural and Remote Framework
Regional Clinical Lead, Rural and Remote Framework
|Date||September 7, 2020|
|Type||Term - Full Time|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Category||Medical / Health|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Regional Clinical Lead, Rural and Remote Framework (WORKSITE LOCATION IS FLEXIBLE)
We have an exciting opportunity for an innovative and passionate individual to join Interior Health as a Regional Clinical Lead, Rural and Remote Framework! If you are interested in expanding your career opportunities and develop your leadership skills, this is the position for you!
About the Role:
The Regional Clinical Lead, Rural and Remote Framework, under the leadership of the Director of Rural and Remote Framework, will design strategy and set standards of a clinical nature, which will enable the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Rural and Remote Framework. The Regional Clinical Lead will collaborate with other portfolios within Interior Health and key external partners to support the seamless integration of patient-centered services throughout rural and remote regions of Interior Health (IH). By assessing and identifying critical issues and strategic opportunities, the Regional Clinical Lead will develop strategic tools, resources, and recommendations to enable the Rural and Remote Framework implementation.. Recommendations, resources, policies and directives developed by the Regional Clinical Lead will require an analysis and consolidation of Ministry policy and strategy as well as Interior Health (IH) objectives, evidence-based practice, emerging best practices, standards, and existing or new regulations.
The Regional Clinical Lead will focus on the clinical elements of planning and implementation of rural and remote health services throughout the health region. The Regional Clinical Lead will provide leadership to local and clinical teams to meet the attributes of the Rural and Remote Framework, with a focus on culturally safe patient and family centered care.
The Regional Clinical Lead is expected to contribute to and maintain a vision of the Integrated System of Care.
This is a temporary position until September 30, 2022. The worksite is flexible, and the successful applicant can work anywhere within our Interior Health region.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Leads and contributes to planning and implementation of the Rural and Remote Framework by leveraging research and knowledge on Canadian and international standards, existing and emerging regulatory direction, evidence-based practices, and emerging innovative practices. Develops core and supplementary planning documents for a diverse range of programming areas consistently within the Primary Care Planning portfolio and occasionally across IH portfolios.
• Fosters and maintains effective relationships with a broad range of internal stakeholders and external organizations, agencies, institutions, interest groups, Ministries, and Municipalities to achieve the Health Authority and Ministry of Health goals, objectives, and performance measures.
• Keeps pace with changes by scanning the environment for relevant trends, alignment, and integration opportunities with other portfolios and developments affecting the portfolio’s programs.
• Plans and develops IH-wide policy and practice standards that align with the redesign vision. Specifically developing processes and procedures with enabling portfolios to support population level assessment, standardization, implementation, and evaluation of a range of rural and remote health services.
• Identifies strategic issues and collaborates with appropriate stakeholders across IH to assess the situation and develop mitigation strategies.
• Ensures the strategic alignment of all activities related to the Rural and Remote Framework with provincial and Health Region vision and strategy and the full Integrated System of Care. This includes the support for culturally safe patient and family centred care and the seamless transition of care between acute, community, and tertiary care including services provided by physicians and community partners.
• Creates innovative solutions and designs complex integration frameworks that affect multiple programs and services. Researches, develops, and implements plans to address emerging priorities of care for issues where no current program or structure exists.
• Contributing to the development and implementation of rural and remote performance measurement and continuous quality improvement.
• Responds to changes in the global healthcare environment and participates in or leads various ad-hoc projects as directed including guiding on process and methodology.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage and paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days).
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
• Master’s Degree in a health discipline
• Five years of recent, related experience
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities
* All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: