Date: Sep 20, 2021
Location: Parry Sound, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
43467 – Parry Sound – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Under the Direction of the Project FLM, carry out and supervise Line apprentices and PWU Hiring Hall journeypersons involved in the construction and maintenance of distribution lines and associated apparatus, including erection of poles and structures for power lines
- Maintain power service to electrical customers, including troubleshooting and restoring of electrical power during emergencies.
- Install, connect and repair underground, submarine and overhead conductors to service customers
- Perform approved live line work using live line tools, rubber gloves and bare hand techniques
- Install various types of metering equipment and maintain and repair street and sentinel lighting
- Understand and operate motorized vehicles and equipment.
- Organize staff and material efficiently and ensure that the proper vehicles, tools and equipment are available and maintained in good working order.
- Train and further develop/mentor apprentice staff, monitor work for safety, production and quality
- Be prepared to accept an equitable portion of trouble call service and emergency work outside of normal work hours
- Job Planning and knowledge of work management systems are required.
- Perform the duties of a UTS 3 as outlined in the Trades Supervisory Criteria and Responsibility Matrix
- Ensure all work is completed in compliance with the Construction Verification Program
- Must have a Grade XII or equivalent, plus eight years’ experience in all phases of the line of business
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability and high standard of safety and efficiency
- Must have a good working knowledge of the Distribution Standards Manual, Work Methods Manual, Work Protection Code, Hydro One Safety Rules and Trades Supervisory Criteria and Responsibility Matrix
- Must demonstrate a high standard of relations with staff and customers
- Previous experience in a supervisory position, either as a UTS 3 or gained through prolonged step up would be a definite asset.
In making this selection, primary consideration will be given to personal qualities.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2021.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: October 4, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.