This position analyzes basic reinsurance contracts. Identifies and codes reinsurance. May also handle reinsurance claims of low complexity.
• Bachelors Degree and No prior experience required in the Reinsurance area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Reinsurance area
• Analyzes basic reinsurance contracts.
• Identifies and codes reinsurance.
• Ensures timely, accurate, and complete calculations, recording, reporting and billing in accordance with contract terms and department standards
• Provides support and assistance in updating reinsurance systems and information regarding reinsurance placements.
• Reconciles basic detail reinsurance related activity, identify issues, coordinate resolution and take corrective actions
• Reconciles the premium or loss sub-ledger and provides management reports
• Prepares and analyze basic internal and external reinsurance reports, expense budgets, key performance indicators, or scorecards. Able to note trends which are driving results.
• Communicates with supervisors, reinsurers, customers and representatives from other departments (e.g., claims, actuarial, finance)
• Responds to reinsurer inquiries within Best Practices and department standards
• Assists and supports vendors
• Participates in inter-department group teams on basic projects.
• May handle reinsurance claims of low complexity
• Calculates reinsurance recoverables for a variety of reinsurance contracts and provisions (i.e., XOL, Q/S, expenses, etc.)
• Pursues open recoverables in a timely and professional matter
• Responds to basic internal and external audit inquiries, and supports on-site reinsurance audits.
• Collaborates with the team to ensure that accounting processes and procedures are followed and completed to support and reinforce key business objectives.
• Provides support for various types of general and/or sub-ledger transactions relevant for Group reporting as well and local Globally Accepted Accounting Principles reporting.
• Performs close related ledger tasks, e.g. accruals, provisions, journals postings.
• Prepares accounts reconciliations on timely basis in accordance with Group Internal control guidelines.
• Business Travel, as required
• Extended Hours during Peak Periods, as required
• Pass Applicable Exam/Licensing, as required • Regular Predictable Attendance
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.