Research and Data Management: Data Analyst
The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for a Data Analyst. The Data Analyst is a highly skilled professional that is part of a dynamic team. They will provide statistical support for the First Nations Regional Health Survey (RHS) and other survey or data collection processes as may be required by Chiefs of Ontario (COO). The Data Analystmust have a minimum three (3) years’ work experience and will report to the COO Research Manager.
Location: Toronto, Ontario, with the opportunity to work from home virtual office. Travel to the COO office or communities may be required for team meetings (pandemicrestrictions permitting).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the development and implementation of the RHS project and other related projects.
- Contributes and works as a member of a professional team responsible for theimplementation of regional and national survey and data collection initiatives.
- To regularly interface and work in conjunction with the First Nations Information Governance Centre (FNIGC) national team responsible for the overall coordination of the RHS national survey projects.
- Conducts all data analysis and ensure accuracy and interpretation of the data, as well as support all aspects of the research department projects and processes.
- Provide data analysis support for the RHS research As well, identify significant factors and key trends as they relate to First Nations.
- Provide comparative analyses between data sources using appropriate statistical methods (e.g. age standardization).
- Prepare written reports and oral presentations summarizing findings, including detailed description of statistical methods, detailed analysis of results and synthesis of conclusions for a variety of audiences.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relationships with the RHS national and regional teams and RHS Regional Coordinators, respect for diversity, consensus-building judgment, values and ethics.
- Participate in meetings as may be assigned.
- Maintain effective record and file documentation under the protocols and procedures of the organization.
- Maintain, protect and respect the confidentiality of the data, survey respondents, and security protocols and procedures of the Chiefs of Ontario.
- Other duties as assigned by Chiefs of Ontario.
- Master’s degree in one of the following field of studies: computer science, biostatistics, epidemiology, statistics, mathematics, economics or health sciencesor an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Experience working with a range of government and non-government stakeholders.
- Experience conducting research and data analysis in relation to First Nations health issues.
- Experience working with First Nation organizations or communities a definite asset.
- Experience working with administrative health data.
- Experience with First Nations research methods is an asset.
- Knowledge of key health, education, employment, justice, social and environmental issues impacting First Nations populations in in Canada.
- Knowledge of epidemiologic, socio-demographic and statistical principles and methods as applied to the analysis of health, education, employment and other related issues.
- Knowledge of OCAP® principles and how they apply to First Nations data sovereignty.
- Experience with data linkages and databases, as well as data extraction andlinkage tools
DURATION: ASAP to March 31, 2023, with the possibility of extension based on funding availability.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Successful Candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Send cover letter, resume, and two professional references marked confidential to:
Email: [email protected]