Nevados Restaurant Ltd. o/a Nevados located at 531 2nd Avenue, Fernie, BC V0B 1M0, is currently recruiting a Restaurant Manager (NOC 0631) for full-time, permanent position to start as soon as possible. This position requires a minimum of 40 hours of work per week. The successful candidate must be able to communicate fluently in English and must have at least 1 year of managerial role experience in a restaurant environment. Salary is $25.00-30.00/hour. Salary will commensurate with years of experience. Our restaurant is open between the hours of 5:00PM-10:00PM, 7 days a week. Imperative that the successful candidate has experience in the sale and service of alcohol as well as high volume food service. Benefits include medical & extended health benefits, ski pass and food discount.
- Manage all day-to-day operations in the restaurant
- Ensure compliance with licensing, health and safety guidelines are strictly followed
- Maintain beverage, food, and supplies inventory and compose final reports
- Balance budget and lead initiatives to increase sales and profits
- Hire, train and schedule staff
- Manage/resolve staff conflicts/issues
- Conduct staff performance reviews on a regular basis
- Maintain high quality of product and service executed by staff
- Lead bi-weekly manager’s meetings
- Be able to address customers’ complaints or concerns and be client oriented
- Manage conflict resolution in a team of young adults
- Will be required to help in the kitchen as needed
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Must have at least 1 year of work experience as a Restaurant Manager
- Superior communication, customer service and problem-solving skills are essential
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Must have valid Food Safe Level 1 Certification
- Must have minimum 1-year commercial kitchen experience
- Must have Serving it Right Certificate
- Deep knowledge of provincial liquor laws and service guidelines
- Must be flexible and available to work mornings, days, evenings, weekends, statutory holidays when required.
- Must have human resources skills specifically in the area of conflict management with youth and young adults.
- Must have a good understanding of bookkeeping and managerial accounting practices and be familiar with QuickBooks accounting software
The successful candidate will have exemplary organizational skills and ability to manage many competing priorities. Our company has an excellent reputation for quality service that exceeds customer expectations, and we expect our employees to be professional and personable. They will motivate, inspire and lead those around them by setting an example of excellence in all that they do.
This position does not earn tips. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Send your resume:
By Email: [email protected]
By Mail: 531 2nd Avenue, Fernie, BC V0B 1M0 Attn: Nevados Restaurant