Company: Windsor Meats Ltd.
Business information: Windsor Meats Ltd. is a corporation of retail butcher shops that offers a variety of high-quality meat products (beef, poultry, lamb, and pork).
Business address: 4889 Mackenzie St. Vancouver, BC, V6L 2R7
Work Location: Various locations (workers will rotate among the following locations):
5357 Headland Dr. West Vancouver, BC. V7W 3C7;
3108 Edgemont Blvd, North Vancouver, BC, V7R 2N6;
11823 Crescent Beach Rd. Surrey, BC, V4P 1J6
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
· Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat and poultry for sale at self-serve counters or according to customers’ orders
· Remove bones from meat
· Cut poultry into parts
· Grind meats using powered grinders
· Slice cooked meats using slicing machines
· Prepare special displays of meats and poultry
· Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats and poultry
· Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
· Wrap and package prepared meats.
· Weigh meats for sale
· Manage inventory, keep records of sales and determine amount, product line and freshness of products according to company and customer requirements
· Ensure food storage conditions are adequate
· Keep workspace and display areas clean and follow health safety standards
· Production of sausages and value-added products
– Education: Completion of high school is required.
– Experience: A minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in the field is required.
– On-the-job training will be provided.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Standing for extended periods, physically demanding, attention to detail, fast-paced environment, handling heavy loads, hand-eye co-ordination.
-Personal suitability: Team player, Organized, Flexibility, Effective interpersonal skills, Accurate.
-Work setting: Butcher shop
-Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 hourly, 40 hours per week.
-Language: English is required
Benefits: Extended medical insurance and dental benefits provided with a 50/50 cost split. Transportation costs covered if workers need to relocate.
Important Information: We are open 7 days a week, however the employees will work 5 days a week on a rotational basis. The employees’ work day shall begin at 10h00 am and end at 6h30 pm. Position requires flexibility in scheduling shifts. Overtime and weekend work will be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
cc: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 4889 Mackenzie St. Vancouver, BC. V6L 2R7
****Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Retail Butcher****