RISK MANAGEMENT AND BUSINESS PLANNING ANALYST:
($68,093 – $80,109 annually)
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Planning & Enterprise Risk Management, the Risk Management and Business Planning Analyst is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of business models, systems, tools and risk management processes to support BC Housing. He/she/they participates in aspects of the strategic business practices and improvement projects, recommends improvements to service delivery and operational effectiveness, generates reports, identifies training needs and delivers training sessions and provides user support to staff across BC Housing. The position also performs quality control evaluations, data integrity/audit compliance reviews and implements plans for process improvement.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, finance, business or related field.
- Working towards completion of a certificate in Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
- Sound experience in the areas of risk management, enterprise risk management, project management and/or business analytics.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the philosophies, principles and practices of business processes and analytics, risk management methodologies, corporate governance, research, qualitative and quantitative data analysis and project/program management
- Ability to learn and understand the legislation, organization, strategic direction, and programs of BC Housing
- Ability to use sound judgement in analysing problems and identifying weaknesses and conflicts in policies and procedures
- Ability to apply an intersectional approach to work analyses using a Gender-Based Analysis Plus (GBA+) tool and applying the principles of equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to provide leadership and advice, exercise sound judgment, and demonstrate tact and diplomacy in dealing with high profile, sensitive and urgent matters
- Ability to utilize judgment in presenting issues, and provide leadership, direction, and influence in facilitating appropriate courses of action
- Ability to proactively identify issues, prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects within a changing environment
- Ability to understand and apply new concepts and adapt
- Effective consultative, facilitation, consensus building and conflict resolution skills
- Strategic and analytical thinking, problem solving abilities, and organizational and time management skills
- Effective leadership, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Professional and interpersonal communication skills across a range of channels (written, oral, presentation) and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups to achieve common goals.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and information graphics, dashboard and collaborative software, including Excel and PowerPoint, Tableau, InDesign, Power BI, Mural etc.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we’re committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected]
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.