Risk Services Consultant
Provides property risk assessment and risk improvement services for customers and business partners.
• Bachelors Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Experience working in a team environment
• Customer oriented
• Experience with local and international fire protection standards
• Good level of understanding of human element programs focused on loss prevention
• Intermediate level of Microsoft Office
• Willingness to develop a risk consulting career
• Bilingual (French/English) is an asset
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Assess either onsite and remotely the quality of moderately complex risks, assess loss potentials in accordance with agreed definitions.
• Support external customers by identifying, assessing and providing effective advice on risk management issues to reduce the risks that they face individually, and on an overall account basis.
• Provide appropriate risk improvement advice, conduct loss investigations (including both trend and root cause analysis), and implement risk improvement programs.
• Produce work that complies with Company standards, in terms of technical quality of policies and procedures
• Anticipate, recognize and respond to the needs of customers by providing expert solutions and training to key customer(s), and contribute to Business Operation Profit through opportunity spotting and cross selling.
• Develop and maintain positive customer and business partner relationships, and collaborate with both customers and business partners to develop appropriate service plans.
• Resolve technical issues, problems and collaborate in innovative risk management projects.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.