Company: Laurentian Roofing Inc.
Business information: Laurentian Roofing offers high quality, cost minded installations and repairs for commercial & industrial roofs in Vancouver and across the Lower Mainland. We stand by our work and believe in using the best roofing products and the latest technologies to protect your home and business from rain, snow and wind.
Business Address: 8165 Main St, Vancouver, BC, V5X 4V7
Work Location: Different construction and building sites in Vancouver and throughout the Lower Mainland depending on client’s location.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Install, repair or replace various flat roof systems
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot welded membranes.
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
- Apply a flat roof for buildings using the torch-on method of application
- Install green roofing system
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: At least 3 years of experience in the trade is required. If the candidate doesn’t have at least 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary certificate is required.
– Familiarity with all types of roofing: SBS, EPDM, and metal is an asset
– Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads, Large workload, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Repetitive tasks, Hand-eye co-ordination, Manual dexterity.
-Personal suitability: Dependability, Team player, Reliability, Initiative, Accurate, Organized, Flexibility.
-Work site environment: At heights, Noisy, Dusty, Dangerous, Outdoors.
-Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
Salary: $28.00 per hour, 40 – 45 Hours per week.
Benefits: Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, Extended Medical Insurance.
This position requires flexibility in schedule. The employee will work 8-hour shifts Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Weekend work and overtime may be required based on the business’ needs. The employee will always work a minimum of 30 hours per week regardless of the weather conditions.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 8165 Main St, PO Box 75015 Vancouver, BC V5X 4V7