Employer Name: Hornepayne Lumber LLP
Hornepayne Lumber LLP is located in Hornepayne, Ontario, 100 kilometers north of White River, Ontario.
The company was originally founded by Olav and Elna Haavldsrud in 1953 and until recently, was known as Olav Haavaldsrud Timber Company. Having immigrated to Canada from Kongsberg Norway, Olav and Elna (joined by their four sons – Walter, Burt, Norman and Carl) first purchased a small pulp log manufacturing plant that provided eight-foot logs to Quebec and Ontario Paper Company (now Abitibi). The company quickly grew to include a sawmill in order to utilize some of the larger logs available from the Nagagami Forest, a mixed wood site of nearly 4500 square kilometers located in the Boreal Forest Region.
The Haavaldsrud sawmill, purchased by Frank Dottori, Chairman and CEO of White River Forest Products LP in the summer of 2016, was built on a strong reputation for producing quality lumber products and M. Dottori intends to continue on this path and improve were possible.
The mill’s production is expected to grow from the historic 60 million board feet annually to 110 million board feet.
Location of Work: Hornepayne, ON
Title of Position: Sawmill Labourer (NOC 9614)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
Primary Focus: To clean the sawmill of all debris that has settled off of the conveyors / vibrators within the sawmill building. To perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Follow the directions of your supervisor;
- Follow the guidelines outlined in the Job Description;
- Operate production equipment as assigned
- Ensure smooth flow of process throughout sawmill
- Perform maintenance duties including shoveling excess bark and debris
- Clean-up work areas during work stoppages or inaccessible places during operations
- Perform other related duties
- Follow the Regulations found within the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Wear all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment;
- Report any mechanical problems observed to your Supervisor and the appropriate Millwright Personnel;
- Report any Accident, Injury or Close Call as soon as possible to your Supervisor; and
- Perform the essential duties of your position as well as those additional duties as directed by your Supervisor
Skills & Education Required:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent experience
- Safe Work record
- Good communication skills and effective ability to follow directions
- Ability to work effectively as part of team and independently
- Capable to multi-task, self-manage and self-motivate
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
Wage & Hours: $ 20.33 per hour, 8-10-hour shifts, M-F days or evenings
Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, Pension, Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment), Vacation 4% Remuneration
To apply send an email to Human Resources: [email protected] with the position title as the subject line and include your cover letter and resume.