Scrum Master Senior Manager
Express Scripts Canada is embarking on a large-scale enterprise Agile transformation. We are seeking an Scrum Master Sr Manager to join the PMO and be part of the team transforming our organization. Express Scripts is a collaborative environment where individuals have impact well beyond their job description. We seek people who “do the right thing” the “right way”. As part of our Agile Transformation, the successful candidate will be part of a team that will build ESC’s capability to deliver quickly, with quality and efficiency at scale.
The Program Management Office (PMO) is responsible for governance and execution of project delivery within Express Scripts Canada. The PMO is the source of documentation, process and metric for product and portfolio delivery and health.
Reporting to the Director, Program Management, the Scrum Master Sr Manager will work closely with ESC Scrum Masters, Program Managers and Delivery Team Managers, to enable successful delivery of projects. They serve as the “servant leader” of the Scrum team by removing impediments and helping the team remain successful and on schedule. Must have a sufficient understanding of technology to enable them to lead team members and help them overcome their development roadblocks; they must also understand business strategy and objectives, and be able to ensure that development work is prioritized by business value and results align with objectives. The incumbent owns the output of a key discipline within a function. Utilizes in-depth professional knowledge and experience to set departmental goals which align with functional strategy. Focuses on achievement of departmental goals and plays a significant part in achieving functional goals.
- People management responsibilities for Scrum Masters
- Sets up and leads the Scrum Master Community of Practice (CoP)
- Coaches Scrum Masters in agility models and agile techniques
- Responsible for portfolio change management process and artifacts
- Raises awareness on the importance of the Agile philosophy;
- Motivates and supports the team by answering general questions and giving advice as an Agile expert; provides leadership; offers training as required;
- Ensures that new hires and teams are up to date on corporate functioning;
- Facilitates discussions/rituals and decision-making, and resolves conflicts to maximize value;
- Supports the team in developing metrics for improvement and predictability;
- Ensures a proper product backlog;
- Is versatile and adaptable; able to adapt his/her style to each team/individual;
- Has good communication skills, including active listening, and the ability to be concise when necessary;
- Steadily challenges the team in order to constantly improve efficiency, maximize the business value and increase quality;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of PMO documentation and process to support an agile culture
- Adoption and continuous inspection and adaptation of PMO best practices.
- Maintain collaborative relations with Finance and all members of the PMO team, including all stakeholders, to support the successful delivery of business outcomes.
- Scrum master for a small team:
- Facilitation of the team’s work
- Assists with conflict resolution
- Facilitate daily stand-up meetings, backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings, and other activities as needed
- Encourage team accountability
- Recognize and raise impediments
- Learn and teach the value around metrics that help teams grow and course correct – Cycle time, story size, velocity, etc.
- Learn, interpret and explain the cumulative flow diagrams and burndown charts with the team.
- An undergraduate Degree/ Diploma in Information Management, Information Technology, Project Management, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Health Administration or Health Informatics or related field or recognized equivalent
- Minimum 5yrs experience in transformation environment; waterfall to agile
- Minimum 5yrs direct line People Management experience
- Minimum 5yrs PMO, Portfolio and Program experience
- Minimum 3yrs Scrum Master experience with 2 or more teams concurrently
- Minimum 2ys Agile Coach experience with cross functional teams
- Knowledgeable of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment of others, and transparency
- Strong customer service focus, adaptable, flexible and willing to learn
- Strong knowledge of, and work experience using, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Experience with Atlassian Suite of products (JIRA/Confluence)
- Critical thinker that can drive issues and problems through to resolution
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross functional team-based environment with a variety of different internal and external stakeholders
Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Agilist (SA), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), PMI-ACP, PMP
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.