Company: St. Marys Golf & Country Club
Business Information: We are an 18-hole championship golf course and special event facility. We believe in regularly reinvesting in the Golf & Country Club to improve the customer experience both on the golf course and on that special day in our banquet facilities. The work we have already done has made a huge difference to the people we serve, and being a leading golf and banquet destination in Southwestern Ontario means continuing that trend.
Business Address: 769 Queen St. East, St. Marys, ON, N4X 1B6
Work location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full Time – Seasonal / 6-month contract
Estimated Start Date: Early April, 2021
Cooks are responsible for preparing a wide range of foods for public consumption in various settings, for both small and large groups in the banquet kitchen and individual dishes in the clubhouse restaurant.
· Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
· Prepares, cooks, and assembles food such as meats, salads and dressings, soups, sauces, sandwiches, vegetables, desserts, pastries (desserts), baked foods, hot and cold buffets and non-alcoholic beverages
· Inspect kitchens and food service areas
· Practices according to food safety standards for hygiene, sanitation and safety
· Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
· Clean kitchen and work areas
· Organize and manage buffets and banquets
· Setup banquet rooms, being able to physically move large tables, chairs, and other banquet items, in preparation for banquet events
· Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
· Willing and able to work in a fast-paced environment, being able to prepare short-orders in a timely and quality fashion
· Must be willing to work in all facets of the kitchen, including preparation, cooking, assembling, and helping with the cleaning of dishes and kitchen tools
-Education: Completion of high school
-Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience
If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience a post-secondary certificate is required.
-Experience with high volume, short order cooking is an asset
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 hourly, 36-44 Hours per week.
Benefits: We will provide bicycles for transportation (if required), uniforms for work, and meals while working with banquet events.
-The workers will work a flexible work schedule based on the demands of both the clubhouse restaurant and banquet departments. We are open 7 days per week during the season and operate during the following business hours:
•9am to 9pm Tuesday through Thursday
•9am to 1am Friday and Saturday
•9am to 7pm Sunday and Monday
The workers will work the majority of their hours on weekends, when demand peaks, and throughout the week to fulfill opening hours in the clubhouse restaurant and other special events. Workers will also be required to work as late as 1am on weekends.
-Workers needed for this season starting as early as April 2021.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: P.O. Box 908 Stn. Main St. Marys, ON, N4X 1B6