Senior Accounting & Financial Analyst
Date: Jun 29, 2020
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
37545 – Toronto – Regular –
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Reporting to the Manager, Cost Accounting & Reporting, accountabilities include:
- Provide advice, guidance, recommendations and direction to line and clerical staff regarding all manner of financial issues.
- Review cost control and financial reporting procedures, assess their effectiveness and recommend changes or improvements as necessary.
- Lead the co-ordination of special studies, costing reviews and process initiatives.
- Utilize existing financial and management systems to gather and consolidate information to produce a variety of business information such as consolidated management reports, LOB budgets, staff plan, cost trends, performance reports, and monthly cost reports
- Supervise the co-ordination, assembly and preparation of data.
- Review data to ensure consistency with corporate assumptions and strategies.
- Provide advice, guidance, recommendations and assistance to line staff and management regarding all manner of financial issues.
- Prepare and deliver financial presentations, as necessary.
- Lead the preparation of the business plans and budgets – supervise the gathering departmental data, the assessment and accumulating of information into appropriate formats.
- Review submitted plans and budgets for accuracy and ensure consistency of budgets with approved Business Plans.
- Lead the reporting, analyzing and explain budget and forecast variances.
- Provide business support to corporate departments in support of vertical cost reporting.
- Review all relevant documentation in support of information presented to the government.
- Lead the preparation of evidence and development of briefing materials, responses to interrogatories, transcripts and undertakings in support of Regulatory filings and requirements.
- Review, revise and coordinate reporting systems with a view to assessing their impact to ensure these systems reflect corporate needs.
- Lead the collection of all pertinent data, evaluate and submit recommendations and/or findings to supervisor for consideration.
- Attend staff meetings and recommend actions for management’s consideration / be the team lead in task forces, special studies and initiatives as assigned.
- Provide advice, guidance, recommendations and assistance to line staff and management in assessing programs and projects, reporting, staff and organization plans, cost benefit analysis, and cost allocation.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires knowledge of business/financial planning and cost accounting principles, financial analytical techniques and computer applications to develop, implement and maintain financial control systems.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of a four year university education in business administration or commerce with an accounting or finance major or a recognized accounting designation (CPA, CGA/CMA/CA) or by having the equivalent level of experience.
- Requires strong communication skills, verbal and written to effectively interact with internal and external contacts.
- Requires strong presentation skills
- Requires experience in preparing and delivering financial presentations to customers (internal or external) and management.
- Requires experience to be familiar with the regulated utility business.
- Requires experience with the operations and objectives of various LOBs to be able to provide value-added services and recommend process improvements
- Requires experience in payroll, payables, financial evaluations, receiving and cost accounting, to prepare budgets, statements and reports
- Requires an understanding of the interrelationships between of the various finance groups
- Experience in SAP is required, in particular FI/CO modules and Project Systems
- Requires experience with computers and MS Office applications to develop and apply information systems and use information from systems within the business unit.
- Requires experience in using and developing BI/BW to develop, design and maintain reports
- reporting would be beneficial
- Must be able to follow assignments through to completion with only occasional reference to supervisor on problems of a highly unusual nature
- Experience in a Project Management environment would be beneficial.
- A period of over 8 years and up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to give a 15-minute presentation
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: July 14, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.