Date: Jan 15, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
41049 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Support the Health, Safety, and Environment department with the oversight of their financials, headcount, and business plan.
- Develop and implement financial oversight processes for monthly financial reviews, headcount reviews, budget preparation, and the collection of data for economic analysis. This includes providing variance explanations on a monthly basis, revising year-end forecasts frequently, calculating recovery rates, and analyzing headcount variances.
- Develop BI reports and work procedures to ensure that all essential information is obtained accurately.
- Initiate, prepare and review financial evaluations; provide interpretation of financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist individual department in defining requirements and evaluating outputs produced each year with the objective of providing a clearer picture of ongoing work and the benefits associated herewith.
- Participate in the preparation of the business plans and budgets, and accumulating information into appropriate formats. Provide assessment of submitted plans and budgets for accuracy and ensure consistency of budgets with approved Business Plans. Report, analyze and explain budget variances.
- Provide business support to the division in project administration including release, work order and reporting activities.
- Rectify the day-to-day problems associated with areas of responsibility, attend team meetings and participate in task forces as assigned.
- Prepare and review financial evaluations of expenditure decisions to ensure documents submitted meet corporate requirements, that the financial assessments are accurately done and the appropriate escalation and present value factors have been used, that the financial evaluation, including assumptions, is analytically sound, and that the financially preferred alternative has been correctly identified.
- Independently identify, analyze, develop alternatives and provide well reasoned recommendations to resolve complex financial issues.
- Financial Forecasting acting as a primary interface and liaison with lines of business.
- Prepare analyses and information for senior management or other internal groups. Provide background information and rationale to support recommendations.
- Participate as required in the corporate internal and/or external reporting process. Responsibilities include collection, consolidation and validation of data, preparation of commentary supporting the review process.
- Participate as required in preparing and conducting formal presentations.
- Participate as required in the design, development and operation of computerized models. Review and identify new model requirements.
- Research and collect information manually and through computerized systems to supply data for issue assessments, documents.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires a university degree in business, finance, or economics.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of business, finance, economics, mathematics, analytical techniques, and computer systems to analyze, develop and implement business systems for the collection of data related to budgets, headcount, and business plans.
- Requires experience in a financial environment to become familiar with developing and implementing business systems for the collection of financial data, to develop analytical and costing techniques, familiarity with accounting and financial policies, principles and procedures and to be able to interrelate requirements with those pertaining to a variety of accounting and economic situations.
- Requires experience in the division and on the job to become familiar with the operations and objectives of the various departments in the division, the services provided, the responsibilities of divisional personnel, the accounting, business plans and budget activities and the various financial reports and studies to be performed and to become generally familiar with the duties to be performed.
- Requires good interpersonal skills and a knowledge of communicative skills, oral and written, to prepare reports and collaborate with internal and external contacts.
- Requires a good knowledge of English to provide effective reports, presentations and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong excel skills, financial modeling, able to conduct variance analysis and reconcile financial information.
- Requires experience with the Company’s business planning processes and financial outputs, as well as reporting and analysis.
- Experience and proficiency in the use of SAP and Visio is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills to ensure productivity and quality of the output.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to be resourceful, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Requires experience in the electricity industry in Ontario and the Distribution and/or Transmission functions.
This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired in either a four-year university education in an appropriate filed, such as, business administration, accounting, etc, or the equivalent.
A period of four to eight years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.