We are banking at another level.
Choosing BDC as your employer means working in a healthy, inclusive, and skilled workplace that puts forward the best conditions to bring together unique teams where employees are empowered to act. It also means being at the centre of ambitious economic and financial projects to see further and to do things differently, to fuel the success of Canadian entrepreneurs.
Choosing BDC as your employer also means:
- Flexible and competitive benefits, including an Employee Savings and Investment Plan where BDC matches part of your voluntary contributions, a Defined Benefit Pension Plan, a $750 wellness and health care spending account, to name a few
- In addition to paid vacation each year, five personal days, sick days as necessary, and our offices are closed from December 25 to January 1
- A hybrid work model that truly balances work and personal life
- Opportunities for learning, training and development, and much more…
Temporary 18 months contract. *
Join BDC’s DEIA Centre of Excellence! We’re a team supporting the Talent & Diversity function, including our DEIA Leadership Council (DEIALC) and Communities of Focus, as we deliver on BDC’s DEIA goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Director, DEIA, and as the Senior Advisor, DEIA – Accessibility Specialist, you will provide strategic advice on directions, strategies, and initiatives with regards to accessibility. You will also lead the accessibility efforts by implementing a multi-year accessibility plan and prioritizing the initiatives in this plan. Your role will involve working closely with and advising our various business lines and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and organizations. This will include:
- Identifying and eliminating any barriers to inclusion and/or advancement
- Fostering a unique and inclusive organizational culture and employee experience
- Enabling and promoting BDC’s commitment as the financial institution devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Lead the implementation of BDC’s accessibility plan and reporting for the Accessible Canada Act (ACA)
- Support and advise departments on the implementation of BDC’S Accessibility plan
- Manage accommodation requests and coordinate with HR partners and various stakeholders across the organization
- Advise and support business lines in their initiatives and practices to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace
- Develop and execute strategies, tools, tactics, in support of the DEIALC’s overall objectives
- Provide thought leadership as the “expert” for the organization on best practices and emerging trends
- Identify key players in the external community and build lasting partnerships
- Act as a DEIA ambassador internally and externally to ensure the cultural adoption and sustainability of all DEIA initiatives over the long term
- Work closely with other DEIA team members to achieve overall objectives and goals
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, industrial relations or any other relevant discipline
- Knowledge of key concepts, legislation and issues related to accessibility
- Experience in accessibility planning and inclusive stakeholder consultation
- Direct experience integrating, leading, and facilitating DEIA initiatives having demonstrated impact and results
- Solid project and program management skills and experience
- Great interpersonal and communication skills to guide, influence, and motivate others
- Bilingualism (English & French) is a strong asset
*Please note that temporary positions are not eligible for benefits.
Proudly one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, we are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible environment where all employees can thrive and feel empowered to bring their whole selves to work. If you require an accommodation to complete your application, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only the candidates selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted.