Senior Business Auditor
Being a Group Auditor at Zurich means being part of a community of internal auditors with a common purpose: to keep Zurich safe. We are an international team of 200+ colleagues from 33 different nationalities, working as one function from Chicago to Sydney! Together, we look to bring our skills, capabilities, and unique strengths to provide real insights to our stakeholders. We are working to be the best we can at spotting danger for our company; continuously trying, with a fail fast-learn fast mentality to get even better at what we do.
We are at the start of a journey to transform our way of working, to be more agile and fit for whatever the future brings, with increased autonomy and faster decision-making. We believe that a clear common purpose, embracing individuality and creating a learning environment will help our teams bring their best. We can’t promise it will always be an easy journey and it may feel uncomfortable at times, but it will be an authentic and fulfilling one.
Up for a challenge? Interested in being part of this? We would love to hear from you!
As a Senior Business Auditor, you will be responsible for providing insights to the business through the execution of audit projects. With the support of the Audit Manager, you will develop an understanding of the business and its risks, co-develop audit approaches, and report audit outcomes. You will interact with your immediate team based in Toronto and across North America and also our teams across Europe, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. This opportunity offers an international learning platform where you will share audit experience and knowledge, learn about new audit approaches, and help build your career.
How you will make an impact
• Developing your own knowledge, business awareness and building strong stakeholder relationships
• Keep the business safe by delivering relevant local and global audits, working together with the Audit Manager in determining the audit scope, risks to be addressed, and most appropriate audit techniques to utilize (including data analytics)
• Taking ownership of your audit work, applying your professional judgment, documenting, and reporting results in line with Group Audit standards and methodologies
• Influencing the business by agreeing actions and delivering the final audit report, with support from the Senior Manager or Audit Manager, when needed
• Contributing to the global Group Audit team through sharing technical knowledge and engaging in continuous learning and development.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 or more years of experience in the Audit or Finance area OR
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 4 or more years of experience in the Audit or Finance area OR
Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 2 or more years of experience in the Audit or Finance area
Hold, or be pursuing, one or more of the following professional certifications: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or other accounting or insurance industry designations
Audit experience in insurance or financial services (3+ Years)
- Ability to interact with stakeholders from all seniority levels and build business relationships
- Passion and enthusiasm to continue to grow yourself and others around you
- Experience in/ willingness to learn Data Analytics
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Insurance, Risk Management, Economics, Finance, or related financial disciplines
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong team player skills
- Strong written and verbal communication including presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills, ability to organize own tasks and deliver on time to high-quality standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.