Senior Construction Risk Services Consultant
Zurich is currently looking for a Senior Construction Risk Engineer for the Casualty and/or Builders Risk Lines of Business. This is a work from home virtual role with a periodic office presence in our Toronto office. The position includes a company car with expected overnight travel of 25%-30%.
• Bachelors Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area [Use Risk Engineering OR Insert the specific Risk Engineering area]
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area [Use Risk Engineering OR Insert the specific Risk Engineering area]
• Zurich Certified Apprentice, including an Associates degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area [Use Risk Engineering OR Insert the specific Risk Engineering area]
- Knowledge of exposures, controls and best practice risk improvement
- Bilingual (French/English) would be an asset
• People management experience
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
- Providing industry expert risk assessment services for customers and underwriting business partners.
- Leveraging Zurich’s risk engineering tools and services to improve customer risk and general account management of customers who purchase Zurich Construction Insurance products such as: Casualty, Builders’ Risk, General Liability, Environmental, Professional Liability and Subcontractor Default.
- Providing technical support to customers, underwriters, and the claims department by identifying improvement strategies, preparing external reporting to the marketplace, preparing internal reports which form the basis of underwriting, claims and other insurance decisions to identify and manage risk.
- Delivering high quality construction consultative services to customers, including identifying exposures with significant loss potential, investigation of cause/effect of major losses and hazard/safety management programs.
- Effectively consulting with customers to improve their risk management, corporate risk management, and safety programs.
- Selling services with excellent interpersonal, communication and consulting skills.
- High level public speaking, presentations, marketing and selling a wide range of fee services.
- Providing advanced level risk management training for customers, strategic service planning to reduce construction exposures, service coordination, mentoring, marketing, and loss investigations.
- Working closely with our Underwriting business partners to coordinate multiple new business submissions and quick turnaround work assignments.
- Developing project specific QA/QC plans, safety plans, investigating construction defect and professional liability claims, building envelope reviews and moisture mitigation.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.