Senior Data Engineer – Talend
The Data Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing the data and data pipeline architecture across the enterprise. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, data architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing Express Script Canada’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Optimize the value of technology investments in data management for the business by aligning the business architectures with technology architectures. Identify and drive key technology investments to meet business objectives, remediate technology and process gaps. Determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and system capabilities.
- Identify product, technology and process gaps in current data & technology architectures and recommend solutions to bridge gaps between the business and the data & technology deployed to support the business.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Coordinate with data users and key stakeholders across ESC’s Lines of Business to refine and achieve various long-term objectives for data architecture
- Work with stakeholders including Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a large-scale, multi-platform, multi-tier processing environment with a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field
- Extensive experience on projects implementing Master Data Management and Enterprise Content Management techniques and platforms.
- Expert domain knowledge & experience in data warehousing, reporting and advanced analytics platforms, encompassing data model design, dimensional modeling, master data management, cross-cutting concerns, common integration technologies, patterns & standards and emerging technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of data architecture and analytics principles and practices for application development and data warehousing purposes.
- Advanced knowledge of data model development and governance methods and practices
- Previous data management experience in a data warehouse and data lake environment.
- Experience with data center migrations, enterprise database consolidation, data warehouse migration and/or consolidation to data lakes or integrated data architectures.
- Highly proficient in Relational Database Management Systems
- (RDBMS) , data architecture, data modeling (including dimensional),
data warehousing, object-oriented methodologies, and client/server development.
- Advanced knowledge of Talend
- Advanced knowledge of PowerDesigner or similar Data Modelling Tool
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle GoldenGate or similar CDC Tool
- Advanced knowledge of OBIEE or similar BI Tool
- Experience implementing data visualization tools like Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- Willingness to work in an Agile team environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and travel requirements
- Knowledge of the group health insurance (pharmacy, dental, other health) industry or adjudication systems is an asset
- Knowledge of advanced analytics tools like R, SAS, and machine learning algorithms.
- Knowledge of the DAMA Book of Knowledge
- Knowledge of Big Data & Logical Warehouse architecture
- Knowledge of TOGAF, Zachman or other
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.