- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Senior Director, Clinical Account Management
The Sr. Director, Clinical Account Management provides leadership for the Clinical Account Management (CAE) team and is responsible for assisting with the development of overall clinical account goals, strategy development for outlined goals, and implementation for an assigned book of business.
The Sr. Director is responsible for providing direction and oversight of the Clinical team to execute and accomplish clinical strategies, formulary maintenance, utilization management oversight and review, and clinical product upsells. The Sr. Director represents the clinical account management for their book of business, is lead at key internal meetings as well as client meetings, and is responsible for strategic client clinical relationships.
Role & Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation and execution of clinical strategies across the Clinical Account Team. Obtain and understand the unique needs of the client and develop a clinical sales strategy that will resonate. Ultimate owner of client sales prospect analysis and strategy.
- Provide clinical consultation to client to improve formulary performance. Responsible for formulary maintenance and oversight across all lines of business. Collaborate with key partners and stakeholders.
- Review client’s utilization management criteria and policies for compliance and proper oversight. Work with client to implement best practices and SOP around review process and change management.
- Partner with rebate set-up and billing for seamless hand-offs and align on roles and responsibilities.
- Articulate the competitive benefits of ESI clinical products, services, and solutions. Understands the impact of landscape changes in preparation for client meetings using knowledge of ESI clinical products, services and solutions.
- Lead, develop and coach direct reports to achieve goals through the setting of performance expectations, delegation, performance appraisal and feedback, and support of individual career development.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy; Doctor of Pharmacy and advanced degrees or pharmacy residency preferred.
- Current U.S. Pharmacist License.
- 12+ years of relevant experience, including 9+ years of general pharmacy experience and 4+ years managed care and sales.
- Must have proven leadership skills, team-orientation, and a strategic management style, strong commitment to client service and business division goals, and ability to develop/mentor people.
- Demonstrated successful and solution-focused interaction with other client teams, Pharma Trade Relations and Product Management team. Solid presentation and sales skills.
- Demonstrated experienced handling multiple tasks and ability to prioritize with proven ability to function under stressful situations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical, trend and formulary management programs at level of client, member, and PBM industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: