Senior Dynamics AX Developer
Express Scripts Canada is actively looking for Sr. Programmer Analyst – MS DAX to work with the business and IS teams to code and support complex customizations to our newly implemented AX 2012 system. The Senior Programmer Analyst – DAX Financial Systems provides guidance to cross-functional teams to foster alignment for effective resolution of issues. The successful candidate will support the development of new business initiatives into fully supported products; analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing computer systems, driving decisions to ensure that business needs are prioritized. The Senior Programmer Analyst would actively interface with internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistent direction is maintained by all stakeholders, assist with customer product inquiries and RFCs (requests for change) and would serve as key subject matter expert to provide technical and analytical guidance to various teams across the organization, while ensuring adherence to quality standards on deliverables.
- Work with Information Systems and Business to evaluate user requests, clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs. Assist in determining feasibility, time requirements, compatibility with current system and system capabilities.
- Work with project team to formulate detailed program specifications using analysis and design methodology. Assists with definition and implementation of applications in a multi-platform distributed environment.
- Write documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections, may develop user manuals and operating procedures, provide research and follow-up on production problems and may train users and provide technical assistance to resolve application and operating issues.
- Monitor ongoing performance of systems and develop updates or modifications according to business needs. Work with end users to provide production operation support including system setup and processing and data extraction.
- Provide off-hour support with on call rotation.
- Provide assistance to team with issues needing technical expertise. Provide on-the-job training for new or existing team members.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Code new or modified computer programs into existing systems and test program effectiveness. Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot programming problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, and/or Finance and Accounting or related fields
- 7 – 9 years of previous software development experience within an Information Systems environment
- 3 – 5 years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX
- 3 – 5 years of experience with Dynamics AX Implementations
- 3 – 5 years of experience with the following modules: AR, AP, GL, FA, Cash and Banking, Inventory & Warehouse Management, Travel and Expenses
- General PC knowledge including all Microsoft Office applications
- Oracle and SQL Databases; PL/SQL
- Knowledge of healthcare industry knowledge, desired
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams to work collaboratively toward aligned project objectives
- Demonstrated effective analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must; effective facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Proven ability to work independently to prioritize work and meet work commitments; ability to adapt in a dynamic environment and make independent decisions
- Experience working with offshore development and teams
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.