About the Opportunity
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Finance Manager to join our team in Rosedale, BC on a full-time, permanent basis who can ensure a high degree of accuracy and quality in all financial planning, reporting and records management concerning the Band’s financial status. This position also ensures full compliance with all Band and Financial policies and procedures, whilst ensuring cost effectiveness and relevance to the financial management needs of Cheam First Nation.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all accounting functions and systems including: AP/AR, payroll, general ledger, banking, budgeting, financial reporting, and taxation in accordance with Cheam Policies and Government regulations. Ensure accuracy of all financial functions and implement necessary internal controls to safeguard the Band’s financial assets. This includes timely and accurate completion of monthly bank reconciliations and managing daily bank balances and cash flows for all bank accounts.
- Ensure compliance with ISC (Indigenous Services Canada), CMHC, Health Canada and other funding partner(s) agreements and programs with timely, accurate and relevant contractual and statutory financial reporting to stakeholders, as per prescribed deadlines.
- Develop, manage and maintain Cheam Band’s current financial plan including, operating budgets, expenses, accounts payables, accounts receivables, capital and five (5) year plan; and assist in the preparation of the Band’s long-range strategic financial plan.
- Providing due diligence on financial viability, reporting and budgeting of all funding opportunities.
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial and operating statements and reports in a timely manner.
- Review the effectiveness of financial policies, systems and Standard Operating Procedures, and recommend improvements to systems or strategies.
- Provide financial analysis for all programs, services and economic development projects. Make recommendations for change and improvements as required.
- Manage the audit preparation process including, detailed working papers. Prioritize and implement audit recommendations as a part of the ongoing service improvement process.
- Oversee a team of 3 Financial staff.
About the Ideal Candidate
You have a recognized Canadian Accounting Designation (CPA / CMA) and a bachelor’s degree in business plus a minimum of 5 years of Senior Financial leadership experience within a First Nations environment. Consideration will be given to candidates without direct First Nations experience who can demonstrate solid experience in a cross-cultural environment preferably in a Non-Profit setting.
You possess extensive knowledge of the principals and practices of accounting, auditing, budgeting, strategic financial forecasting and planning. Knowledge and experience in planning, organizing and implementing solutions to financial and operational problems of a highly strategic nature is required.
You pride yourself on your exceptional analytical, sound decision making, time management and prioritization skills. As a skilled communicator and mentor, you will interact with a range of internal and external partners, and have excellent leadership and listening skills. Strong organizational skills and the ability to self-manage is required.
Above all, you must be a self-motivated and ethical professional who has the ability to drive Cheam First Nations’ momentum forward.
About the Rewards
This is a great opportunity to contribute at an exciting time of change and growth within the community. In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, including:
- Group Benefits Insurance and Pension Package
- Ability to gain valuable First Nations Experience
- Ability to strategize and develop Creative Solutions for Growth and Sustainability
- Ability to create Effective Change that will make Significant and Positive Community Impacts
If you’re looking for a new opportunity to use your experience, and really make a difference with a progressive First Nation, apply via email ([email protected]) today!
Cheam thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.