Date: Jan 20, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
41006 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Support Corporate Finance’s objective of optimizing business decisions enterprise-wide by providing financial, governance, data and analytical expertise. This expertise helps to ensure that: there is confidence in business information; risk is mitigated; there is enhanced compliance; and that financial systems operate in an efficient and effective manner.
- Assist to mitigate business risk through adequate governance over financial transactions and reporting and through the management of the internal control framework and policies and procedures.
- Manage compliance programs to ensure they are effective in mitigating risk and ensuring adherence to key corporate policies.
- Prepare presentations and briefing notes to support senior executives, Steering Committees, Executive Committees and the Board of Directors.
- Collaborate and provide guidance, advice and assistance to the lines of business in the evaluation and preparation of financial material, designing internal controls and initiatives, and resolving process, data and analytic issues.
- Provide guidance, advice and assistance in the application and interpretation of the expenditure authority register and policies applicable to the business.
- Other duties as required
- Requires a broad and deep knowledge of finance, economics, financial reporting, accounting, internal control and governance, analytics and process design.
- This knowledge is normally acquired through a four year undergraduate university degree in business, commerce or economics with an accounting or finance major and a professional designation such as CPA, CPA-CA, CPA-CMA, CPA-CGA or other relevant professional business designation. An MBA would be considered an asset.
- Requires a minimum of 5-7 years of experience, theoretical and practical, financial, analytics, business process design, internal control and policy development.
- Certification in disciplines related to governance, project management and/or process controls, data analytics/science are an asset.
- Requires ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and staff orally, written and using communication tools.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, collaboration and facilitation skills to deal with multiple stakeholders across the company to provide advice and guidance to resolve controversial issues or build consensus.
- Requires project management skills.
- Requires sound judgment and accurate analysis of issues impacting on the Company in order to prepare analyses and commentary.
- Knowledge of the electric utility business and rate regulated industry would be highly beneficial.
- Knowledge of SAP, MS, Access, Visio, databases, excel, PowerPoint.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: January 25, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.