- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Senior Guidewire Developer
Senior Guidewire Developer
Maintains software versions, documentation, and migration processes to ensure that applications can be supported in test, production, and in the event of a disaster. Evaluates and recommends autotmation opportuntiies.
• Bachelors Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Database Analysis or Programming area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Database Analysis or Programming area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Database Analysis or Programming area
• Experience working at multiple phases of database management
• 5+ Years of Guidewire ClaimCenter Configuration experience with good exposure to SDLC, Java EE and Gosu
• Experience with full SDLC and appreciation for Iterative (Agile) development lifecycle as used in Guidewire implementations
• Hands on Guidewire Implementation Proficiency and Experience in Guidewire Configuration Development – Expertise configuring and developing several areas of ClaimCenter.
• Experience in Guidewire Configuration Development (Expertise in GOSU, Rules Engine, Data Model, PCF, Wizards, Workflow, Activity etc.)
• Experience with XML, GUnit, Jenkins, GIT/Subversion/TFS, Code Coverage and Code Scan Plugin/Tools
• Leadership – Assertive, Sharp with ability to inspire, bring out the best in individuals and develop a strong configuration team to deliver quality configurations
• Excellent communication skills
• P&C Insurance Industry and Domain Knowledge
• Experience working in a large scale project, preferably for Claims Systems
• Experience estimating and planning Large Scale System Implementations
• At least 2 years of experience at least one large Business Integration effort and project team through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing,
• Expert Level Guidewire/Java Developers with Guidewire ClaimCenter, preferably certified on version 10.
• Experience working directly with Guidewire ClaimCenter for Commercial Lines is preferred.
• Strong Object Oriented Analysis and Programming experience
• Working experience in Agile and DevOps tools: JIRA, Git, Bamboo (SVN and Jenkins are assets)
• Must have 5-8 years of applied java development experience
• Must have Web service experience / SOA
• Strong integration development experience
• Must have a Strong JMS/Queue development experience
• Experience with analysis and resolution of Guidewire or other application performance issues
• Must have a strong experience with XML and JSON
• Hands on technical expertise specifically related to Integration to complex legacy mainframe applications is preferred.
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Compiles software using standard software development tools.
• Packages builds using standard packaging software.
• Ensures appropriate project documentation is available for each new build or release.
• Smoke testing builds for accuracy and completeness.
• Ensures that appropriate quality steps and approvals are adhered to prior to software promotions.
• Works with developers to identify and resolve build or deployment problems.
• Develops automation of software builds and deployments.
• Manages application documentation libraries and source code repositories.
• Maintains application & source code versions and promotes approved applications to test and production environments.
• Develops processes to support deployment and maintenance of new applications.
• Evaluates & recommends automation opportunities.
• Plans for and implements environments needed to support objectives.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: