- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Senior Java Services Engineer
The Software Engineering Sr Advisor uses in-depth knowledge and experience to maintain and enhance a Spring driven, cloud based API. Creates detailed specifications, implement maintenance and enhancements, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer’s application programming, and act as a resource for team members with less experience. Provides counsel and advice to top management on significant Application Development matters, often requiring coordination between organizations. Acts as the designer for complex major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs. Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the technical level on all phases of application programming and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.). Works closely with client and IT management and staff to identify application development solutions, new or modified programs, reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives.
Responsible for the delivery of a business need end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business. Critical attributes of being a full-stack engineer among others is Ownership & Accountability.
In addition to Delivery, the advisor should have an automation first and continuous improvement mindset. He/she should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of the tools sets/processes.
The candidate will need to have expertise in software engineering as well as data analysis. This person needs to understand the interrelationships between systems, and be able to write working software that will successfully integrate and interface these msystems. From a system and design perspective this person will need to understand how different pieces work together and use library calls, REST APIs, database queries, etc.) In order to communicate with them. The candidate will play a technical role in an enterprise area responsible for driving innovative analytical methods to better align IT analytics with CIGNA’s short term and long-term goals, adding value by adopting software engineering best practices. The candidate must possess excellent analytical and technical skills coupled with the ability to quickly learn new technologies. The individual will be hands on with architecture and design to support various Cigna organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 12-15 years of experience in IT delivery
- 5-10 years of experience in software development of enterprise Java web applications or API, preferably using Spring.
- 5+ years’ experience being past of Agile teams and working in Agile methodology
- Proven experience with the following technologies: Spring, SpringBoot, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Splunk.
- Experience with SQL and ability to check data
- Experience working with databases like DB2, Oracle, MongoDB (desirable)
- Experience working with Kafka, Attunity and MQ technologies is desirable
- Thorough understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
- Ability to provide and implement technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Experience creating solutions that are innovative, practical and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal.
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry and a passion for driving positive patient outcomes
- Familiar with working in a vendor partner model.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams.
- Ability to learn new technology and technical products to increase technical skills and expertise.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 100 million people we serve.
At Cigna, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For Better. Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: