Senior Manager, Digital Marketing Capabilities
55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
This role is key in ensuring our preparedness for the future of marketing from an ad tech and capabilities perspective. The marketing landscape is evolving very quickly with a lot of changes centered around privacy as well reporting challenges due to channel diversification. While customers are constantly consuming information, they are also constantly getting influenced. This creates a unique challenge where we need find ways to measure the value of a channel. With the evolution of digital landscape and the various form factors that are entering our lives, there is also a need to stay on top of trends to identify how we evolve. Marketing is getting more automated and this role will need to stay top of those trends as well to ensure we are leveraging all possible means to drive more value from our marketing tactics. If this sounds like an exciting role, please continue to read about the core expectations.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on analytics, cloud and marketing technology.
- Responsible to build the right roadmap of capabilities that need to be built and tools that need to adopted for us to drive value from marketing efforts
- Build a culture that is aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviors in all that they do.
- Manages a team and enables their career development.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the marketing technology landscape.
- Build strong relations with our partners to help drive our goals and preparedness for the future
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analyzing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant ad tech experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study.
- BA in Marketing/Business.
- MBA in Marketing/Business/Financial Services is preferred
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills – In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration – In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth / Expert.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.