Senior Manager, Information Systems – Full Time, Permanent
Located in Canada (flexible)
Are you a highly organized professional who is looking for fulfilling work in the non-profit sector with supportive colleagues and a flexible work culture? Are you a community inspired individual with a strong focus on providing excellent service to clients?
MakeWay is seeking a Senior Manager to join the Information Systems team. This position manages the IS team, oversees IS-related projects, works in collaboration with other departments to improve business and IS processes and support, maintains vendor contracts, ensuring service-level agreements, and improving software development processes. Reporting to the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Manager has the primary responsibility for all Information Systems, technical support, and Information Systems (IS) team management.
MakeWay builds partnerships and solutions to help nature and communities thrive together. We are made up of two legal charitable entities: MakeWay Charitable Society, a shared platform home to over 65 innovative community-led projects staffed by 150 change makers; and MakeWay Foundation where about 70 people are advancing place-based programs that support Indigenous-led solutions and conservation in the North, Pacific, Manitoba, and beyond via grant-making, funder collaboratives and other tools. Our people, projects, and partners are based across the country.
What You’ll Do:
Leadership & Strategy
- Provide direction and leadership to the IS team including coaching and mentoring
- Set strategic IS objectives and implement initiatives in alignment with MakeWay’s strategic plan.
- Identify and analyse emerging information technologies and solutions that can significantly contribute to the organizational mission.
- Lead the planning and execution of IS-related projects.
- Oversee the management of mission-critical applications and technology to support the organization’s long-term goals.
- Drive the implementation of IS development best practices throughout the organization to maintain data integrity and minimize risk while ensuring objectives are achieved.
- Create technical and operational policies and procedures that meet or exceed compliance requirements and best- practice standards.
- Oversee the implementation and operation of information systems and technology solutions for business needs including enhancements and upgrades.
- Manage ongoing IS support and development to ensure 24 x 7 reliability of systems including monitoring, support and problem analysis / resolution.
- Oversee IS departmental resources including staff development, performance reviews and participation in recruitment of staff and / or contractors.
- Manage the IS department finances including budgeting, monitoring of expenses, and forecasting.
- Collaborate with cross departmental teams to optimize the organizations policies and processes
- Ensure Foundation and Shared-platform staff have appropriate support, tools, and working environments for optimal performance.
- Review contracts and ensure correct service-level agreements related to information systems are in place.
- Familiar and comfortable with Canadian regulation that applies to IT Teams
Who You Are:
- Builds effective teams: You have the ability to form diverse teams of colleagues with a mix of styles, perspectives, and experience.
- Tech savvy: You scan the environment for new technical skills, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit the organization.
- Collaborative: You build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Directs work: You can effectively delegate and distribute assignments and decisions appropriately.
- Communicates effectively: You develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manages ambiguity: You are able to deal comfortably with the uncertainty of change and adapt accordingly.
- Action oriented: You can readily act on challenges without unnecessary delay or planning.
- Manages complexity: You acquire data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems.
- Values diversity: You contribute to a work climate where differences are valued and supported.
- Develops self: You take the initiative to learn from new experiences, from others and from structured learning opportunities.
Experience You Bring:
- Education in Computer Science or equivalent of at least five years experience in related field such as IT and Operations
- 3 + years with management experience
- Experience with Salesforce is considered an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is considered an asset
- Up to date with professional development requirements
- Available on call and willingness to work weekends based on business needs if required
It Would be a Bonus if You Have:
- Experience in the charitable/non-profit sector
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have a real impact on the community
- Salary of $81,671 – $89,995 (dependent on experience you bring)
- Competitive benefits package including generous RRSP contribution
- Four weeks’ vacation
- Flexible work environment with remote working
- Committed colleagues
- High level of responsibility and autonomy
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter please share what makes you an ideal fit for this position and why you want to join the MakeWay Team.
MakeWay is strongly committed to creating a diverse workplace community and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the selection process, please contact us.
Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No recruiters please!