- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
Senior Manager, Integrated Direct Marketing
Title: Senior Manager, Integrated Direct Marketing
Employee Working Location: Remote / Virtual (Canada)
Employment Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary Band: $76,566 – $90,208 / year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Senior Manager, Integrated Direct Marketing to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will report to the Associate Director, Retention & Customer Experience, the successful candidate is responsible for the implementation and development of integrated and retention strategies for all key direct marketing donor segments. You’re a data driven professional, ready to roll up your sleeves to mine for insights or dig into process improvements. Using your excellent communication and diplomatic skills, you will play a key role mobilizing internal and external resources to diversify, segment, and integrate the Direct Marketing programs, providing consistency throughout. Adept at budgeting, and planning and familiar with all major channels of Direct Marketing, the incumbent will play a key role in building a healthy fundraising pipeline for future growth.The Senior Manager will demonstrate an unrelenting focus on results while demonstrating great attention to detail and the tact to lead peer teams to implement change and strengthen CRC’s integrated donor strategy to deliver a long-term return on investment.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the development and execution of retention and integration strategies for direct marketing channels
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders & vendor partners involved to execute integrated campaigns to drive towards a shared set of metrics and goals
- Build and report on integrated journeys in coordination with the Senior Manager of CX Journey Implementation & Strategy
- Optimize donor LTV through implementing data-lead integrated conversion and retention strategies and tactics towards second gifts, renewal giving, and higher value programs (such as monthly, mid-level giving, etc)
- Manage the Integrated Direct Marketing Manager and their work to oversee the agency relationship for integrated campaigns, ensuring projects stay on time, on budget and meet the campaign objectives
- Establish direct marketing audience segments and optimize campaign effectiveness and long-term value of fundraising efforts by bringing insights and recommendations to channel teams
- Work with key stakeholders to define segments of donors, create and execute an integrated calendar and plan of communications for each segment and measure its performance against targets
- Report on campaigns and fundraising efforts in partnership with channel leads
- Facilitate greater channel integration in strategies and execution by improving data procurement and management practices
- Lead efforts with key stakeholders to determine multichannel benchmarks, streamline data segmentation and procurement, standardize coding and tracking for CRM, and create customizable reports for integrated efforts
- Lead and coordinate emergency appeal fundraising launch within the direct marketing team and with internal philanthropy support hubs
- Design and implement disaster appeal KPI dashboard, lead and lag measures
- Strategize and implement tactics to convert new appeal donors to undesignated giving
- Consolidate direct marketing emergency appeal reporting and conduct post-mortem analysis and improvements to appeal fundraising efforts and processes
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably in Marketing, Communications and/or Fundraising
- Minimum of 6-8 years of progressive, relevant experience in Direct Marketing and/or fundraising
- Skilled project manager; ability to develop and manage complex, tactical projects efficiently and to great efficacy.
- Expertise in non-profit online fundraising practices and familiarity with CRM software and tools, such as Blackbaud products, Engaging Networks, HubSpot, various email service provider systems.
- Superior data analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex information and to communicate it to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated track record of providing strategic direction in the development and implementation of targeted fundraising campaigns designed to achieve objectives while maintaining effective cost ratios
- Superior knowledge of Direct Marketing principles and data segmentation techniques
- Ability to effectively develop strong cross-functional partnerships, evidenced by a track record of teamwork and collegiality, building relationships within and beyond the fundraising and marketing functions
- Excellent management and team building skills with demonstrated supervision and leadership qualities, superior interpersonal and public relations skills, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational, planning and hands-on implementation skills
- Demonstrated project management and strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in budgeting and financial management skills
- The ability to manage effectively in a changing environment with multiple conflicting demands
- Passion for driving results
- Commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: