Company operating name: Centrum Home Décor Inc.
Company business address: 151 Yonge Street, 11th Floor, Toronto Ontario, M5C 2W7
Title of the position: Senior Manager (NOC 0015)
- Contact with overseas vendors on a regular basis to follow up with product development and work on newness.
- Lead sourcing activities for new product lines and share information with management.
- Coordinate with overseas factories in India and China and placing purchase orders, tracking production which includes sample approval, preproduction, and TOP samples.
- Maintain WIP reports of each PO to ensure timely delivery.
- Lead weekly production meeting to let team know if orders are on time or late.
- Understand QC reports and recognizing problems and coming up with solutions.
- Advise approvals upon inspections received from third party inspection companies.
- Coordinate with shipping companies to arrange containers to the factories both in India & China for swift movements of the purchase orders. Must have good negotiation skills to get the lowest price from the shipping company.
- Maintain accurate inventory quantity at the warehouse level as weekly inventory list are sent out to customers.
- Maintain a relationship with customers to sense placement of order to balance timely purchase from the respective factories.
- Timely reconciliation of factory payments so the accounts can take care of the payments to the factory. Issuing debit notes, credit notes if any to the factories in coordination with accounts and settle the invoices timely and accurately.
- Timely Invoices to customers upon sales and regular follow ups for payments. Maintain monthly bookkeeping and inventory valuation and maintain records for accounting purposes.
Terms of employment: Permanent and full-time
The language of work: English
Wage: CAD $56.37 per hour and 30 hours per week
Benefits package being offered: Upon completion of 1 year of employment, the foreign worker will be entitled to an additional 1 full month of salary.
Location or locations of work: Toronto, ON
Contact information to apply for the job: [email protected]
- Majority owner of the company.
- Prior managerial experience.
- Knowledgeable of home textiles /hard goods testing protocols & requirements is a must.
- Knowledgeable of BSCI, SEDEX, CTPAT, etc certification is a plus.
- Manage the Organic certification/Oeko tex certification process is a must. Understanding of “Sustainability”, is the key for future business.
- Should have good knowledge of transit time and production timelines in order to balance between purchasing and sales.
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience representing a company in negotiations or other circumstances.
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft outlook, Microsoft Power point & MS Word.
- Proficient in Excel (must know how to use formula’s, pivot table, etc).
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator & Adobe photoshop is a plus but not a requirement.
- Having experience to have worked with e-com companies will be given consideration.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- A university degree or college diploma is preferred but not required.
- A master’s degree in business is preferred but not required.
Required work experience: 3-5 years of experience working in an importing and exporting company specifically in home furniture.