Date: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Rexdale, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
Job ID: 41187
Job Type: Temporary
Hydro One Telecom combines the strength and reliability of a respected utility with the agility of a small telecommunications provider. We work together with our diverse client base to design creative solutions for data telecommunications, and networking challenges that our clients face every day. Our engineering focus and ITIL processes ensure that our services are specifically tailored to meet their individual requirements.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One Telecom!
Reporting to the Group Lead of Service Provisioning
- Manage, plan, provision, test and document customer orders from simple to complex involving telecom services such as fibre cable, media converters, Juniper and Cisco routers and switch technology, optical transport equipment, IP networking assignments, Fibre Channel, BaaS and SDWAN.
- Document services in Xng Granite database and service diagrams.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately when meeting with customers or Sales Rep’s to clarify service requests.
- Arrange for the purchase of telecom equipment and other related material.
- Produce standard fiber sketches and customer service sketches, using Visio.
- Request local loop orders to be placed for services between customer sites and HOT’s point of presence, with third party providers such as Bell, Cogeco, CDS, etc
- Attend progress meetings, providing others with a verbal and written status, including project in-service dates.
- Recommend ways to improve on the customer service provisioning process.
- Assist in the acceptance testing of customer services.
- Work with equipment vendors, external contractors and internal staff to install equipment, material and cable associated with the provisioning of a customer service.
- Requires a good knowledge of fiber optic technology, telecommunications, electronics, routing protocols, provisioning internet services and project management to advise on engineering designs and plans related to the maintenance and installation of telecommunication equipment.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training
- Requires good knowledge of English to communicate effectively with all contacts involved in accomplishing work objectives.
- Requires experience in the design, construction, installation and maintenance of telecommunications equipment to be aware of the various characteristics and application of procedures associated with operating and maintenance problems. Requires experience to be familiar with the organization structure, the role and responsibilities, procedures and practices of a telecom service provider
- Requires experience with various software applications such as MS Word, Excel, MS Project, Xng Granite and Visio to produce various technical reports.
- A period of over 2 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One Telecom we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One Telecom, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: Feb 1 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.