Company: Trenton Cold Storage Inc.
Business information: At Trenton Cold Storage our goal is to provide security, quality and integrity. Our specialty is full service refrigerated warehousing and distribution; which utilizes a temperature controlled freight consolidation program across Canada. We have over 34,000,000 cubic feet of cold storage and refrigerated warehouse space amongst our facilities. We are looking for Shipper-Receivers to join our team.
Business Location: 21 Albert Street, Trenton, ON, K8V 4S4
Work Location:same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents
- Maintain internal record-keeping system
- Route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Pack goods to be shipped
- Unpack goods received
- Affix identifying information and shipping instructions on shipments
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods
- Inbound –greet drivers
- Organize receiving documentation by appointment times and priority and enter it into the warehouse management system. Assign the door to the driver
- Inspect product in trailers, check temperatures
- Unload trailers and receive products using material handling equipment
- Put product away in assigned locations
- Outbound – Use warehouse management system to retrieve order lists, look for products and confirm orders
- Bring out full pallets using forklift, light maintenance of forklift truck
- Accurately pick orders for shipment
- Clean up damages and provide recoup for orders
- Prepare and organize bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
- Finalize loads
- Return paperwork to the driver, affix seals and release the truck
- Maintain a clean working environment
– Education: Completion of secondary school
– Experience: Experience is an asset. We will train.
– This position is physically demanding and involves manual labour.
– Workers must be able to work in cold temperatures (-18C)
– Workers must have good communication skills and be able to use computers
– Forklift license is an asset
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Fast-paced environment
– Work under pressure
– Repetitive tasks
– Handling heavy loads
– Physically demanding
– Bending, crouching, kneeling
– Large workload
– Standing/sitting for extended periods
– Mental concentration required
– Team player
Language: English is required
Weight handling: Up to 23kg (50 lbs)
Work Setting: Warehouse
Salary: $18.65 – $19.65 per hour, 40 – 60 hours per week. Start rate of $18.65 per hour + Night Shift Premium + Afternoon Shift premium.
Benefits:We provide health, dental, extended medical insurance, and pension. We also provide boot allowance, fitness allowance, profit sharing, uniforms, reward and incentive programs, training, and paid sick days. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
– Flexibility in schedule and overtime work will be required. The position involves working on rotating shifts and may include weekends. Three shifts M.A.D. weekly rotation: Midnights (11:30pm to 8 am), Afternoons (3:30pm to 12:00pm), Days (7:30 am to 4:00pm). 1 week on Midnights, 1 week on afternoons, 1 week on days and then repeat. Schedule will be based on customer volumes.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application- Shipper-Receiver