Title: Short Mix Tech
Job Requisition ID: 282407
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, T1H 5R8
Category: BUILD OPERATE MAINTAIN (PLANT OPNS)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor this role follows operational policies, operator care principles and procedures to operate equipment safely and efficiently to minimize or prevent injuries, property loss, and environmental damage. You will be required to operate independently and with a team. In these roles you may interact on a regular basis with customers, supervisors, plant personnel, and contractors.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
- This position is responsible for the manufacturing and shipping of animal feed
- Run multiple pieces of equipment, i.e, batching mixers, pellet mills, grinders, grain cleaners; receives ingredients by truck, monitors ingredients inventory levels
- Manufacture products to ensure that they meet specifications, and HACCP requirements
- Schedule production based on customer demands. (Mixer)
- Schedule runs per CFIA guidelines
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to operate machinery or industrial equipment
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Forklift certified
- Basic computer skills
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in production-related work
This Full-time position is located in Lethbridge, Alberta; however please expect receiving calls from a 204-area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.