- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Social Worker (Masters), Primary Care Network
Social Worker (Masters), Primary Care Network
|Date||November 4, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title: SOCIAL WORKER (MASTERS), PRIMARY CARE NETWORK
Facility: OLIVER HEALTH CENTRE
Status: PERMANENT FULL TIME
Who Are We Looking For?
Interior Health has an exciting Permanent Full Time opportunity for a Master’s Level Social Worker to join their team to work in the Primary Care Clinics in Oliver and Osoyoos. This position works Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 16:30 for 37.5 hours per week.
What Will You Work On?
The Social Worker provides comprehensive therapeutic clinical counselling services to patients and families in the assigned clinical specialty area. Other responsibilities include:
• Conducts comprehensive social work and psycho-social assessments of patients and families using a variety of modalities and in accordance with professional standards and clinical policies and practices and educates and provides consultation to patient, families and healthcare professionals.
• Provides leadership to the interdisciplinary team in care planning for the effective utilization of patient resources and participates as a member of local committees and planning bodies to identify areas for improved efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery to enhance patient care services and reduce gaps in the community.
• Develops, coordinates and delivers in-services, presentations, psycho-educational and support groups and initiates, develops and carries out research activities in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
How Will You Create Impact?
Social Workers at Interior Health advocate for social justice at individual, family, organizational, and societal levels through their professional knowledge, values, ethics and skills. This position is part of the Primary Care Network where staff will work out of patient medical homes, private physician offices, or at Interior Health primary care sites as part of providing team based care. The successful candidate will work out of two private physician clinics as part of the Primary Care Network therefore days and hours of work are subject to change and there could be “after hours” work in the future.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact on members of your community, apply today! Click HERE to learn more!
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. If you are an experienced Social Worker and want to be challenged in your practice while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination order and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Masters Degree of Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work.
• One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to [email protected] to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: