This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in Canada
AS THE WORLD MOVES TO FHIR, THERE ARE PLENTY OF REASONS TO SMILE
Smarter decisions, fewer barriers, and better incentives are just the beginning. Smile CDR makes it easy for healthcare stakeholders to collect and exchange data with our leading FHIR-based data liberation platform.
We reduce barriers between information and care for those who deliver or consume health services and products and whose roles or care are hindered by fractured, inaccessible or complex information systems.
Let’s make a difference!
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
As a Software Developer, you will maintain and develop the software components that form the core of Smile CDR product. The responsibilities involve the storage layer, management tools, interface and integration components, and deployment infrastructure. You will work closely with all business areas to gather product requirements and design, implement and test components of the system. This position will require a 24-hour on-call rotation for Tier 2 issue support.
- Analyzing and evaluating requirements and proposing high-level design and technical solutions to issues that arise from internal and external customer issues.
- Analyzing solutions to ensure that they will be interoperable, performant and maintainable.
- Working with Tier1 support team to diagnose and correct issues raised in customer incidents.
- Collaborating with core dev and client solutions teams to ensure any fixes from the support team meet core and customer technical/architectural requirements.
- Support the mentoring of Tier 1 Service Desk staff and other developers on technical guidelines, functionality, debugging, performance and operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques and serve as their technical mentor.
- Participate in major incident response teams.
- Ensure relevant documentation and frameworks are kept up to date.
- Research technologies that will be used in new and existing modules of the solution
- Work closely with all business areas to gather product requirements and design, implement and test components of the system.
- Advise and provide input into good technical design and industry trends.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, identify issues and apply or implement solutions.
- Responsible for mentoring, coaching and leading less experienced (junior/co-op) Developers.
- Analyze and evaluate requirements and propose high-level design and technical solutions at all stages of development.
- Break down work for other team members and be the go-to person for project issues/status.
- Analyze solutions to ensure that they are interoperable, performant and maintainable.
- Propose new techniques and technologies for software development.
- Responsible for coding standards of the team/department.
- Responsible for tools and frameworks used by the team/department.
- Completed coding camp/diploma/undergraduate degree combined with about five years of experience with software development.
- Experience developing software applications, unit and functional test practices, end-to-end feature development, and building complex systems.
- Experience in HL7 (V2, FHIR) is an asset.
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring, REST web services, Git is an asset.
Smile CDR’s core values are respecting, embracing our differences, and celebrating our shared values. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations or have questions during the application or interview process.